8. Getting To Know

Eid Mubarak to all my fellow readers! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do follow, vote & comment your honest views on this chapter. It would motivate me a lot! <3

Smriti's POV -

We sat in a comfortable silence for sometime as I was admiring my new bracelet that I'm never going to let go of my hand, while Vivek...ahem...his eyes were not ready to leave me. But I didn't dare to look at him, otherwise he would have noticed my flushed face.

"Should we go, Smriti? I have my shift from 2. I'll drop you back home on my way back to the hospital." Vivek broke the silence with a sigh as he checked the time on his wrist watch.

"Hmm...what about your lunch?" I asked him.

"I'll probably eat something from the canteen." He smiled back.

"Probably?" I raised my brows in question but he simply shrugged his shoulders.

"What kind of a doctor you are, who goes around skipping meals?" I gasped dramatically, to which he chuckled, bewildered seeing my new side.

"I won't be able to reach on time if we stop in between for lunch." He told the truth as his chuckle died down.

"You don't have to drop me back." I assured him.

"Of course not! I called you here." He retorted.

"Arre, but, anyways, I came on my own, right? We'll have lunch together and then I'll take a cab to go back, and it's not as if I've never travelled in a cab before." I reassured him but he still looked skeptical.

"Shhh. Now come with me before you start getting late." I held his hand, pulling him up along with me before he could speak anything.

He opened his mouth to speak something, but suddenly his eyes widened and his mouth closed. I frowned at his reaction and followed his eyes to our hands and then realization hit me. I immediately left his hand, the red tint never leaving our cheeks. Both of us cleared our throats and started walking towards the exit.

"I have parked my car on the opposite side of the road. I'll go and get my car." He informed me.

"It's okay, I'll come along with you." I told him. He again looked at me skeptically.

"Why do you always look at me unconvinced?" I huffed in annoyance.

His skeptical look suddenly changed into that of amusement. I then realized how foolish I probably looked. I don't know how I've suddenly become so free with him. I guess it's probably because of the friendship band. I DON'T KNOW.

Vivek slowly held my hand in his as we tried crossing the busy road in front of us. My heart instantly started beating faster than usual against my chest.

"Come." He pulled me along with him as soon as he found the road relatively empty, his hand never leaving mine, even after crossing the road. He walked me to the passenger side of his car and opened the door for me.

Before slipping in, I noticed 'chat ka thela' nearby. My eyes immediately glimmered and I looked at Vivek excitedly.

"What has got you so excited?" He asked, amused as he leaned on the car door.