14. His Effect

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's chapter is dedicated to @anushabudati ❤️. She really supports me and my story and I'm really sorry for giving a late update. And also thanks to all of you for bearing with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do follow, vote & comment your honest views on this chapter. It would motivate me a lot! <3

Smriti's POV -

Scrubbing the make-up off is by far the most painful task ever. Period. I have spent the last 30 minutes in my room, trying to get rid of the exorbitant chunks of make-up plastered on my face, that too for such a small function. Imagine what hell those make-up artists would put me through on my main day? I'm definitely going to have to put my foot down when it comes to my wedding look.

Thinking about the wedding, only one person manages to cross my mind, who has raided my heart and stolen my soul away from me. Who takes away control of my senses, just by merely making an appearance in my thoughts. For example now, I just cannot control the damn blush creeping on my face, especially when I'm already trying to get rid of the chemical one.

"Ping." The message pinged on my phone, took me out of my trail of thoughts, which also brought an instant smile on my face.

Guess who? Of course, who else!

"Look! Your mark is still preserved." Vivek very cutely sent a photo of his hand. The hand that I had kissed, showing off the lipstick mark on his hand proudly.

"Go wash your hand doctor sahab." I giggled as I sent him the message.

"No! My 'almost' fiancee has asked me to keep it intact for the whole day." He replied.

"No, she didn't. She asked you to keep it till the end of the day and now she's asking you to wash it off." I couldn't stop the deepening of the blush as my eyes kept going back to the word 'fiancee'.

"NO. I'm going to flaunt it for at least a day and nothing can stop me from doing that." A laugh escaped my mouth on reading his cute message.

"Take that also as a warning sign, Ms. Smriti Singhania. I'm going to flaunt each and every mark you give me, so you better be careful." I frowned reading his next message, not understanding the double meaning behind it. But when I finally understood the meaning, I was so embarrassed and flushed that I'm sure it would be difficult to distinguish between a tomato and me.

"Stop blushing and sleep now." My eyes widened reading his next message.

I immediately left the conversation and switched my phone off. I then slapped my cheeks trying to get rid of the stupid unwanted blush.

"Shameless man."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bhabhi, you will have to come with me. There's no way I'm hearing a no for an answer." I was currently talking to Amrita on the phone, sitting at the dining table. Everyone was slowly leaving for their work after having breakfast together.

"Umm, okay. By what time should I reach your place?" I asked her.

"Don't bother with that bhabhi. I'll come to pick you up at around 12pm. We can have lunch together and then go on our shopping spree." She squealed in excitement.