34. Life - As Good As It Could Get

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Arranged Love" has officially completed 1 year and I cannot express my gratitude to all of you. When I started this book a year back, I had not expected this kind of response. It was simply bringing a hobby of mine to life. But the love and support y'all have showered me with overwhelms me. Please continue to stick by in this journey of mine and I promise I won't disappoint you all.❤️❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do vote & comment your honest views on this chapter. It would motivate me a lot! <3

Warning: Reader's discretion! Mature content ahead! 18+

Smriti's POV -

Perched on the kitchen counter, my attention is fixed on my phone as I scroll through YouTube videos, searching for recipes to make Indian chaat items. My fingers dance across the screen, pausing occasionally to watch a video tutorial on how to prepare the perfect pav bhaji after successfully keeping the pani of pani puri in the refrigerator to cool down.

As I immersed herself in the world of yummy food, my thoughts drift to the events of this past month. It has officially been one month since I embarked on my college journey, and despite the inevitable hustle and bustle, I am thoroughly enjoying this new phase of my life.

Of course the initial phase of my college had been rocky but after that unwanted incident I'm actually enjoying college life already with nothing to worry about. Thanks to my husband, my pillar of strength!

Vivek and in fact our whole family has been my. pillar of support, showering me with love and encouragement every step of the way. Unlike the traditional expectations of a daughter-in-law, they have embraced me with open arms, treating me as their own daughter, in fact they pamper me as much as they pamper Amrita. Its fun to sometimes see Vivek and Rohit bhaiyya's sulking faces.

Then also having the company of my new friends, Vartika and Akash, actually makes me look forward to each new day at college. Having someone other than my family to confide in was a refreshing change, though I cherish every moment spent with Amrita and Rohit bhaiyya just as much. And as for Vivek, I love sharing every little detail of my day  as much as I love hearing about his day.

It seemed almost impossible to love someone so deeply, and yet here I am, overflowing with love and adoration for my husband. I often feel like I will burst with all the love that I have for him and yet it only keeps increasing each day. Even now, as I am preparing chaat for dinner, I can't help but smile at the thought of his reaction. As much as I am dying to introduce the Agnihotri family to heaven, the Agnihotri's aversion to street food is the talk of the town. They wouldn't even let me have any street food let alone indulging themselves in this divinity. But today I am determined to introduce them to my safe haven, my comfort food,  for which I used to often tell lies to escape from my house to have them.

As I scroll through the endless sea of recipes, my eyes finally land on the perfect one for pav bhaji. With a satisfied nod, I make my way towards the cooking range to boil the vegetables for the same. As the vegetables simmered in the pressure cooker, I move on to preparing the vadas for dahi vada. 

Just as I was engrossed in my cooking, the familiar sound of the doorbell echoed through the house. Arvind Kaka, the house-help hurried to answer it, revealing the arrival of my entire family from their day at the hospital, except for Vivek.