29. Charming Hues, Campus Views

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do vote & comment your honest views on this chapter. It would motivate me a lot! <3

Smriti's POV -

As the first light of dawn began to gently seep through the curtains, I felt a soft touch on my shoulder. My eyes fluttered open, and there he was, Vivek, my husband, looking at me with those warm, adoring eyes. His fingers trailed delicately down my arm, sending a shiver of anticipation through me. 

"Good morning, my beautiful wife." He murmured, his voice like a caress.

His touch was electric, setting my skin on fire and awakening every nerve in my body. His gaze was intense, filled with a mixture of desire and affection. I couldn't help but respond to his touch, my body instinctively leaning into him. 

"Good morning." I replied, my voice barely a whisper, my heart beating in sync with the morning sun filtering through our window.

He leaned closer, his lips brushing my earlobe, sending delightful shivers down my spine. 

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, his warm breath fanning my skin. 

I nodded, my words momentarily escaping me under the weight of his presence. His fingers trailed down my arm, leaving a trail of goosebumps in their wake.

"I missed waking up to you for the last three days." I confessed, my voice a soft murmur. "The bed felt empty without your warmth, your presence."

He smiled tenderly, his fingers now tracing circles on my back. "I missed you too, every morning. It just didn't feel right without you by my side." He admitted, his eyes locked onto mine. "I crave waking up next to you, feeling your body against mine, starting our day in the most intimate way possible."

My cheeks flushed at his words, the intimacy of his desire making my heart race. Yet, there was a profound connection in those moments, a closeness that transcended the physical. "I love you." I whispered, my voice filled with all the depth of my emotions.

"And I love you, more than words can express. Every moment away from you feels like an eternity. I cherish these mornings just as much as I cherish you." He cupped my face gently, his thumb caressing my cheek.

"Now come on! Get up sleepyhead and go and get ready." Vivek sighed and swiftly changed my mood from romantic to sour.

I groaned, pulling the covers over my head. "Do we really have to get up?" I whined, my voice muffled by the blankets.

Vivek chuckled, his laughter filling the room with a melody that danced with the morning light. "Come on, Smriti. It's your big day. Time to rise and shine," He encouraged, gently tugging the blanket away from my face.

I pouted, feeling like a child being coaxed into facing the first day of school. "Can't we just stay here all day?" I mumbled, half-joking, half-serious.

Vivek's laughter filled the room again. "As tempting as that sounds, love, you have a college to attend."

"Freshen up quickly, and I'll make sure our special morning tea is ready. We need to kick-start this day with a burst of energy." With a playful yet firm shove, he propelled me out of the bed and towards the washroom, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

Reluctantly, I obeyed, dragging my feet toward the bathroom. My mind was still caught between the remnants of dreams and the reality of the day ahead. As the water splashed on my face, I felt the day's weight settle on my shoulders. This was a new beginning, and I was both excited and terrified.