7. Are We Friends?

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do follow, vote & comment your honest views on this chapter. It would motivate me a lot! <3

Smriti's POV -

He slowly extended his arm towards me and now I could feel my heart beating in my mouth.

"May I have the pleasure of dancing with you tonight?" He asked in his deep husky voice and I shivered.

I looked into his eyes only to find sincerity and absolutely nothing else. Hesitation left my body as I decided to give my soul to him tonight, just for one dance. But little did I know that it was never going to be mine alone after this beautiful evening.

"One dance won't harm Smriti. You can get back to your 'awkward human' zone from tomorrow. If today he is making you feel special, then feel special!" I mentally scolded myself.

I kept my left palm on his right one and he guided me towards the dance floor as my grey eyes locked with his light brown ones.

We slowly started moving along the slow beats of the song currently playing.

"...Tu kyun na main bhi keh du keh du"

He took my right hand in his left and placed my left on his shoulder while his right arm gently wrapped around my waist.

"huwa mujhe bhi pyaar huwa"

He slowly pulled me towards him while still maintaining eye contact. I could feel my cheeks heating up from the mere contact and eye-lock.

"tera hone laga hoon, khone laga hoon, jab se mila hoon"

We started moving in slow motion and I could no longer hold his gaze with mine. I looked down, blushing profusely.

"Shining in the shade in sun like pearl upon the ocean come and feel me ho feel me"

He suddenly twirled me around and I gasped inaudibly.

"shining in the shade in sun like pearl upon the ocean come and heal me, o heal me"

He pulled me back towards him and, just like that we continued gracing the dance floor for the rest of the evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After our dance, I went back to where Mumma was and stuck to her side throughout.

"Rajshri, shall we go?" Dadda asked Mumma as he and Bhaiyya made their way towards us.

There was a huge buffet set up in the party hall with a variety of cuisines. We had finished having our dinner and now everyone was slowly excusing themselves from the party. It is already past 12 and tomorrow is a working day for everyone.

"Yes, Raghu." Mumma replied.

We then slowly headed outside along with Vivek's parents and younger brother.

"It was really nice having you here, Singhania Sahab!" Uncle exclaimed as he hugged Dadda.

"It was our pleasure in being able to celebrate your family's achievement. Thank you for inviting us and, once again, thank you so much. Your children are very bright!" Dadda spoke the last line while patting Rohit's back.