3. Hit & Miss

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do vote & comment your honest views on this chapter. It would motivate me a lot! <3

Smriti's POV -

I woke up with a dull ache in my head the next morning. When I opened my eyes, I saw Adhira sitting with a smug look on my bed beside me. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Looks like someone has a headache." Was her genius response.

"And why do you find this so amusing?" I scrunched my nose.

"That's because Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi." She said dreamily and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"My soon-to-be-jiju would just be perfect for you and your migraines, di. He's a neurologist. There couldn't be any other better match for you." She said with a stupid grin on her face as I made my way to the washroom to do my morning chores.

" So I wasn't wrong in thinking that Mumma-Dadda actually felt that there was something wrong with my brain. They're actually marrying me off to a fucking brain doctor." The reality slowly started sinking in as a tear fell from my right eye.

The washroom is one such place where my overthinking self starts doing her overtime. The place is just so quiet and calm that I can't help but overthink.

I then glanced at the wall clock hung on the wall of my washroom and I realized that it was already 10.30 am and since Agnihotri's are supposed to come over for lunch, they should be here by around 1 pm.

I scoffed at my own misery and then headed to take a head bath that would probably help soothe my headache. I hate taking medicine!

As soon as I came out of the bathroom, I noticed that a simple floral anarkali suit was neatly placed on my bed.

"This must be Mumma." I voiced my thoughts internally and thanked God for Mumma choosing this suit instead of a saree and making it more awkward than it already was.

I quickly wore the suit and let my curly hair open, which I usually tend to tie.

I honestly didn't want to get ready at all but I knew Mumma and Adhira wouldn't agree and would eventually force me to do so, hence I decided upon doing simple makeup to save my energy.

I applied mascara and a light shade of pink lipstick. I then wore studs instead of huge dangles.

Simple is elegant!

Smriti's look ~

By the time I was all ready, it was already 12pm

Yes! I'm aware that I take a ridiculously long time in the bath, but come on, its just so relaxing. Sometimes I feel bathing is my hobby.