15. Sweet Challenge

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm once again sorry for the late update but to compensate here's a long update for y'all😊.

Please do follow, vote & comment your honest views on this chapter. It would motivate me a lot! <3

Smriti's POV -

Snap. The shutter noise of the camera brought us out of our trance.

"Why are you here and not in the office?" Vivek asked Amrita, irritated with her antics while I tried to get out of his hold, but it only tightened further to my dismay.

"And Smriti, stop squirming." He whispered in my ears with gritted teeth.

I looked at him with confusion only to find a look of discomfort and something else that I couldn't place well on his face. When I finally understood the meaning behind his command, I could feel my cheeks on fire and could not look into his eyes anymore. After that, I chose the safer and less embarrassing option of staying still on his lap.

" Why are you here?" Amrita squinted her eyes at Vivek, and questioned him instead of answering his previous question.

" I'm on leave." He reminded her sassily, while I was still looking down embarrassedly, not daring to look up at anyone.

"My boss gave me a day off." I peaked up to take a look at Amrita as she flipped her hair in sass while answering Vivek.

"I'm your boss too and I'm telling you to go back to work." Vivek ordered Amrita rudely in an attempt to steal some alone time from her.

It feels like I'm meeting a completely different Vivek today. He's not the usual calm and quiet Vivek that I know. There's a complete change in his aura today. His voice has the kind of authority that no one can dare to deny, while he has the look of confidence and a knowing smile on his face as if he is aware of the fact that he has the whole world wrapped around his little finger. And I can't deny that I definitely find this version of him more hot and attractive.

"Arre itna sad kyun rahe ho bhaiyya? Ja rahi hoon apne kamre mein waise bhi koi khaas interest nahin hai mujhe aapke pda mein." Amrita whined loudly. (Why are you rotting so much, bhaiyya? I am going to my room. I'm anyway not interested in your pda.)

"You'll beg me for this later." She smirked at Vivek as she clicked a picture of me shyly looking down before making her way to her room.

"And I thought she was in my team." I spoke to myself in shock, causing a melodious chuckle from the Greek God himself.

"So!" Vivek exclaimed.

"So what?" I asked him shyly, finally daring to look into his eyes.

" I was thinking about the damage you've caused to my car." My eyes immediately widened in surprise.

"Vivek, I swear I didn't do it on purpose. God promise." I pinched my throat out of habit, to make him believe me.

"Hmm, but redemption is important, right?" He sat back comfortably on his chair with me still on his lap.

"Vivek, I'll do anything you want me to do. But I promise it was a mistake." I pouted sadly, not wanting him to be upset with me.

" Okay, then get ready for your punishment baby." He spoke sensually, suddenly pulling me closer to him, closing the distance between us and drawing patterns on my waist.