22. Wedding Bells

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do vote & comment your honest views on this chapter. It would motivate me a lot! <3

Smriti's POV - 

What is the time?

What day is it today?

Where am I?

Who am I?

............ That kiss literally sucked the life out of me and knocked me out of my wits. I have lost all my senses to the man of my life sitting in front of me, glowing even more in the moonlight falling on his perfectly sculptured handsome face. I watch his chest rise and fall with heavy breaths, and I can't help but feel the intensity of that moment still lingering in the air. 

"You are so beautiful." He coos, connecting his forehead with mine, caressing my jaw with his knuckles.

My heart flutters at his compliment for me. I peck on his long sharp nose in response and giggle when he takes a sharp breath.

"You like giggling, huh?" He raises his eyebrow and his lips turn up to one side of his face as if he knows he is in control of the situation.

As if on cue, his hands that were holding my face fall on my sides and his fingers dig into my waist.

I gasp at the tickling torture that Vivek is inflicting on me.

"VIVEK!" I shriek and scoot sideways trying to escape from his clutches, but he grabs me from my hips and pulls me back towards him, making it impossible for air also to pass between us. 

"You are stuck with me forever now." Vivek laughs, his laugh mixing with my own in the romantic air surrounding us.

"Please - " I gasp, still trying to put up a brave fight against his skilled yet torturous fingers.

After an eternity, the great and considerate Vivek decided to let me catch my breath. He managed to take away my breath twice in ten minutes. I slump against Vivek trying to calm my racing heart, my back touching his perfectly toned chest. We simply stayed quiet, enjoying the moment we were in. My stomach suddenly growled, spoiling our peaceful moment, as if it was jealous of me for spending such an intimate moment with Vivek. Of course, now my stomach is not lucky enough to share something like this with his stomach. I internally smirk at this thought.

"We should really go down and feed this stomach of yours." Vivek says quietly, as if he is scared to spoil the sanctity of the moment, while running his long fingers through my curly hair.

Suddenly, the events of the last few minutes, dawn on me and facing his family after this, suddenly feels like climbing Mount Everest. I don't even like trekking.

Heat rushes to my cheeks as I make weird scenarios of eating dinner with his family with swollen lips. I instantly turn to hide my face in Vivek's lap.

"What are you doing?" He chuckles while trying to lift me up. He must probably be thinking that I have gone mad, but that's still not that big of a problem in comparison to the one already in front of me, mocking me at my helplessness.

"I am not hungry." My voice gets muffled into his lap.

"Liar." I just know by his tone that he is deadpanning.

"Noooooo." I throw a fit like a 5 year-old kid in a mall who is denied his favorite toy when Vivek tries to see my face.

"What has gotten into you?" Vivek says, exasperated.