Chapter 4:On the road

Previously on Overlord: Little Mistress

As they make their way down the staircase the lady from before appears at the bottom. " Mr. Momon you have specially requested for a job."

"Can I ask by who?" Ainz asked.

"Yes Mr.Nfirea Bareare." The lady replied, shocking the group.

~~~~~~~

Narberal dashed in front of Ainz and Erika halfway through drawing her sword before Ainz chops her on the head. "Stop and think before you act."Ainz reprimands her as Erika shakes her head. " Really, when will you learn?" Erika  says

"Sorry it won't happen again."Narberal grabs her head in pain, saddened at being scolded once again.

"I know you mean well but you have to learn not to react to harmless situations, understand."Ainz says

"Hello there I'm the one who specifically requested you."Nfirea waves clueless about the whole situation.

"I'm sorry but I've already accepted another request. Maybe when we return I shall accept." Ainz rejected surprising everyone.

"What are you doing? This could be big for you." Peter says, totally shocked, that he would turn this down.

"No Papa said he would join you guys, that was a promise."Erika pouted

"That right, what kind of example would I set for Iris if I didn't keep my word?"Ainz argues really wanting to just leave already.

"But it's a personal request." Peter argues back.

"Ok how about this I will listen to Mr.Bareare request and then decide."Ainz compromises and everyone agrees as they head back upstairs to talk once more.

~~~~~~~

"My name is Nfirea Bareare. Your job would be protecting me while I pick medicinal herbs near Carne Village."Nfirea explains.

'Carne Village, the village that I saved before finding Erika.' Ainz contemplates once again, having Erika on his lap, who's bored with all the sitting around.

"A body guard assignment, hmm , question Peter, how would you like to come along as a hired hand." Ainz asked hoping they would say yes since his items aren't great at protecting others.

"What do you mean?" Peter questions

"A team like yours would provide an added protection on Mr.Bareare." Ainz explains.

"I agree more men means more protection for me." Nfirea agrees. Erika stares at  Nfirea feeling that something was off about him, but decided not to say anything since there are others around.

"That's settled but I'm confused about one thing. Why did you request me for this job? I'm new to the area and don't know any citizens, so I don't know how you came across the information about my party." Ainz asked to have been bugging him the whole time. Everyone else looked at Nfirea also wondering the same thing coming to the same conclusion.

" I heard about what you did at the inn a week ago. I wanted to hire you then, but when I arrived at the guild, the front desk said that you were already on a quest. Plus, it's a lot cheaper to hire a copper plate."Nfirea explained, sounding a bit sheepish while doing so.
"Well, if there are any more questions, let's head off." He said a bit rushed.

"Ready when you are." Peter states Erika cheered ready to finally leave everyone laughing at her antics.

~~~~~~~