Chapter 8: Graveyard Shift pt.2

The fight had already been going on for a few minutes and Erika could feel that it was one sided. She looked on from her place on the tombstone watching her Papa and Clementine a fleary of fast attacks. She felt glad that her Papa told her to stay out of the fight there was no way she could keep up.

In the far off distance she could hear the battle Narberal was going through hearing the faint sound of a roar and wondered how that battle was going. Erika watched as her papa slammed his claymore into the ground while Clementine made quick to dodge laughing as she went. "You have plenty in the strength department I'll give you that," she mocked , "I can see why you'd wanna boast about it. Still I have to ask, are you dumb? You swing those things around like a boneless meat head!"

Erika hopped off the tombstone she was sitting upon and walked towards the edge of her "safety bubble". Hands placed on her hips she gave the woman a glare which only her Papa caught. "My Papa is dumb he uses his big swords very well. Maybe you should stop running like a big baby and fight for real."

Clementine glared at the girl hopping and sent a quick jolt of fear down the little girl's spine ,but the only response she received was Erika turning her nose up at her in what she interpreted as boredom. Ainz let out a chuckle enjoying his daughter's enticing "She's right I thought you said that you could defeat anybody where did all that confidence go." He said brandishing his claymore again.

Clementine pulled out her dagger ready to attack only to be interrupted by the shaking of the ground and a roar thundering through the air. They looked towards the tree line only to witness a large skeletal dragon stomping in the distance. Erika's eyes glowed with excitement at the sight as she shouted a quick "BONE DRAGON COOL!" as she pressed herself against the protective dome as if it would help her get a better look.

"You're right, cutie pie! Looks like your cute little caster friend is out of luck, since they're immune to magic."Clementine said

"Is that, so she's doomed to fail is that right?" Ainz replied

"Ohh~ You catch on quick." She mocked back

"I'm curious, do you have a way to get past the reach of my swords?" Ainz stuck his sword out in a weird fashion.

"Maybe~" Clementine cooed as she stripped herself of her cloak. She crouched low to the ground in runner's stances before launching her forward. The sound of clanking metal gained the attention of Erika once more as she watched her Papa and Clementine trade a few blows before the woman distanced herself once again.

"Martial Arts." Ainz noted recognizing the fighting style.

"That's a tough shell to crack," Clementine said before shrugging, "well no matter finding a weak spot in a person is all the fun. Plus it's almost like foreplay. Still I was hoping I could slice you up piece by piece while your daughter watches!"

"Papa, what does foreplay mean?" Erika tilted her head to the side in a questioning manner.

"So you were just testing my armor, I'm learning a lot about you?" Ainz replied, choosing to ignore Erika's heart attack inducing question causing Erika to let out a surprised shock at being ignored.

Clementine dropped low once more, "Ready for round two?" Launching herself at Ainz she managed to dodge one swing after another before lodging her dagger into his helmet retreating once more.

"Come on get serious if you keep giving me a handicap you'll end up a corpse. Maybe we should add the little one into the mix to make it more fun."

"My goodness I haven't expected you to teach me this much about melee combat. Like the importance of balancing your attacks and utilizing martial art skills."