Chapter 25: Back in town

~I'm back I ended up reading to book seven before I decided to stop and go back to the anime. Anyway here's the next chapter 💕.~

The next day saw Erika in the throne room with the floor guardians and her papa. That morning Albedo had woken her up once again. During their chat, she had once again called her mama to see her reaction. She was quite happy when the older demon let out an enthusiastic squeal before bringing her into a hug. It was safe to say that the woman was okay with being called mama.

"I have summoned you here to discuss our future," Ainz said. "Albedo, Overseer of the guardians, and Demiurge our greatest strategist. I would like to hear your opinions."

The two bowed. "Lord."

"Now that we have put my initial plans into motion, tell us what doctrine you believe Nazarick should follow moving forward. If anyone else has an opinion you may raise your hand to speak. To facilitate our discussion I ask that Demiurge explain our current situation in a way that everyone can understand. Begin with our latest operation."

"As you wish," Demiurge says as he stands up, turning to face the floor guardians.

Ainz internally sighed. 'I may be their leader but I don't have much experience in this whole conquering thing. At least this way I can pretend I understood the plan.' Ainz placed a hand on Erika's head as his thoughts continued. Erika looked up at him curiously before smiling at him.' What I do know is that Nazarick's survival is our first priority. The second would be spreading the name of Ainz Ooal Gown throughout the world. Actually, that's just my priority since I wanna find out if any of my old friends are trapped here like me. But that might have to take a backseat especially when we still know so little about this world.'

"As you've likely heard, thanks to the efforts of Mare's group we've subjugated all the leaders of Eight Fingers," Demiurge spoke and Erika let out a quiet growl at the mention of the group's name which surprised Ainz. It wasn't common for Erika to show any hatred for humans but he could understand why that hatred was there. Eight Fingers was a part of the reason that Tsuare was hurt and kidnapped. "As a result, Nazarick now has complete control of the Re-Estize underworld. This brings us closer to Lord Ainz's ultimate goal. Which you all know is world domination. Or I should hope you know if you're not a fool."

Everyone nodded in agreement with Demiurge's statement even Erika's thought process seemed to line up with what Demiurge was saying as she too nodded along. The only person who wasn't on the same page was Ainz himself.

Ainz's mouth fell open in complete shock. 'Wait so is that where we're at world domination? Ok, ok don't freak out you gotta act like this was your idea.' Ainz's body took on a green hue before he calmed down. World domination might be a good way to get our name out there. Even if we have a bad reputation at least people will know who we are. My friends might be a little surprised with the direction we're taking the guild but whatever. There will be plenty of time to explain things later and that's if I find them.'

Ainz was released from his train of thought at the quiet sound of Erika's giggles. Looking up, Ainz noticed Demiurge's tail was wagging as if he was waiting for praise. "You remembered."

"Of course my lord I remember every last word you relayed to me. You said taking over the world might be enjoyable."

"You really said that papa?" Erika looked up at him with questioning eyes.

"Yes, I recall that conversation," Ainz answered

"I'm pleased to hear it."

"From that one time."

"None other my lord."

'WHAT TIME!' Ainz mentally screamed. "I see your impeccable memory pleases me." Erika looked between the two adults before sighing and shaking her head. It was clear that her papa didn't remember that conversation and was trying to get her uncle Demiurge to elaborate but it didn't work. If her papa didn't know this was the plan why was he going through with it? Maybe he still agrees with the plan even though he doesn't know it.