Chapter 30: Punishment

~hi guys sorry for the long wait. Really no excuse except that my mind took a brief hiatus to rave about Hazbin Hotel. Which then put me in a fanfic whole that I have yet to dig myself out of. 😓 Fun journey though. But anyway hope you enjoy this chapter.💕~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Give Ainz my regards."

Anger, frustration, this is what Ainz was feeling at the moment. How could he have given these humans the chance to plant that thought in his head? His hope for finding any of his friends in this world has clouded his mind and he let this human nudge into the crack. Of course, they wouldn't have come across HIM.

The anger started as a deep bubble of deranged laughter. "Ainz? Give Ainz my regards he said?" Ainz let out a sigh that was a mix of disappointment and frustration. "I got my hopes up for a moment, but if I stop to think logically your story didn't hold up from the start."

Ainz turned to look at the blonde man who had given him such a disgusting lie, Hekkeran he remembered. The crimson of his eyes blazed bright, "SCUM ALL OF YOU! YOU LIE TO ME IN MY HOME, THE PLACE THAT I BUILT WITH MY COMRADES! DRAGGING YOUR BOOTS ACROSS ITS SACRED GROUNDS!"

A black beam of light surrounded him, his power whipping off of him creating powerful winds that blew the team of Foresight back a bit. Aura who was standing on his right slid back a few inches while Albedo who was on his left just stared calmly at her raging master. Her wings fluttered every so often to keep her in place.

"AND THEN YOU TAUNT ME WITH FALSE WORDS FROM A FRIEND YOU NEVER MET! AN INSULT TO MY MEMORIES OF THEM! I'LL KILL YOU!!!" As Ainz voiced his anger a large object dropped into the middle of the colosseum creating a large dust cloud.

The members of Foresight tensed as a tiny form shot out of the dust cloud attaching itself to the leg of Ainz. Eyes widening they made out the form of a platinum-haired girl. Whoever she was, her presence seemed to shock the undead into a sudden calmness. Their attention was quickly focused on the second form that batted away the dust cloud with a powerful gust of wind. Glaring at the group stood a giant flaming bird. It gave a menacing hiss as if warning them not to move.

"E...Erika? My little flame, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in your room where it's safe." Ainz's voice was quiet as he spoke to Erika but the members of Foresight could hear the concern clear in his voice.

"I told you I wanted to help Nazarick and those elves no matter what," Erika says, staring up at her Papa showing nothing but defiance. "I know that I'm in trouble for being out of my room but it was super important I was going to head back to my room after I helped the elves. But then I heard you yelling when I was trying to find the last one. I got scared that someone was hurt so Bob and I rushed over."

Erika's eyes filled with tears as her fist tightened around her Papa's black robe. Now that she got a good look at him she noticed that he wasn't even in his regular clothes. No, he was wearing a black robe with dark red trimmings. Erika winced as Ainz gave her a sigh and a head pat. "We'll talk about your blatant disregard of following orders that were given to you later. Now why don't you stand next to Albedo while I handle the last of our intruders."

Foresight tensed at those words. Whatever little time the girl had given them seemed to be at an end. But Hekkeran had to try something his team was counting on him to get them out of this place alive. He and the others recognized how careful the undead was around the girl. If he couldn't convince him to let them go peacefully then maybe he could get the girl to convince him.

"Wait but why were you screaming? It was really scary, papa!" Erika stared up at him with worried eyes.

Ainz's shoulders tensed as he brought his gaze back to the members of Foresight. "I had lost my temper, my little flame. It shames me to say this but I was blinded by the words of this group that I wished were true. Though I can't blame them, their life hangs in the balance after all. I'm sure they'll say anything to survive."