Chapter 7: Graveyard Shift

Previously

Ainz forcefully opens the door to find the Swords of Darkness lying in their own blood. "Papa, what's going on?"

~~~~Now~~~~

Erika was so confused ,what happened, why were all the adults so panicked. Deciding to disobey her Papa and follow behind careful not alert them in their panicked state. Squeezing herself past Narberal and the old woman only to come face to face with the horrible scene. Tears began to fall as the only question she could think of was ," Why would someone do this ?" She says out loud.

"I thought I told you to stay back, it's too dangerous." Ainz scolded as he moved Erika behind him, noticing the bodies start to rise.

"They're Zombie's!" The old woman shouted as Ainz quickly removed their heads before they had a chance to attack.

Erika was horrified to see the people she had been laughing with among the bodies as she surveyed them. Looking over the bodies, she saw that Ninya was the only one who didn't turn. "Nfirea!" She heard the old woman panic in the background as she along with her Papa towards the body.

"Why was Ninya the only one that didn't turn?" Erika asked, looking more stressed as she stared at the torn bodies.

"Nabe, go protect her." Ainz ordered Narberal.

"Papa Ninya has bandages under his clothes look. Why did he try to patch himself up before dying?" Erika questioned sadly. Ainz kneeled down inspecting Ninya's tortured body.

"No, I believe Ninya was hiding the fact that she was a girl the whole time." Ainz replied, staring solemnly at the body. To his right side he could hear the quiet sniffling of his daughter. He turned to console her the best he could, guiding her head to his armored chest plate rubbing her back, understanding her frustration.

"Whoever did this is going to pay I swear it I'll burn them to a crisp." Erika let out a tiny growl, eyes brimming with determination.

"Couldn't agree more little one."

"I've looked everywhere my grandson isn't here." The distressed woman said, rushing into the room once more.

"It doesn't look like the perpetrator stole anything from their packs so Nfirea was the only thing they came for." Ainz replied.

"Who were these poor men that got killed?" Lizzy asked

"Adventurers that came along with us on your grandson's quest." Ainz answered

"I'm sorry about your friends."

" I barely knew them this was the first job we ever did together but I will admit my daughter was attached." Ainz replied, placing a hand on Erika's shoulder.

"How do you want to handle this?" Asked Ainz

"What do you mean?" Lizzy returned the question

"You want to find Nfirea right? We're dealing with at least a third tier spell caster, one that decided to use [ Create Undead] on these men instead of hiding the bodies." Ainz stated

"It's weird, it would have given them a bigger head start if they did." Erika added ,Ainz nodded in agreement with her insightful response.

"Yes it means the culprits were confident that they would get away and wanted to advertise the power they possess and are willing to use. These are dangerous people. We need to act quickly if we want to find them." Ainz said, turning towards Lizzy. "You need to make a request."

The old lady blinked in surprise, "Huh?"

Erika decided to stay quiet because her Papa had to have a reason for his choice of words. " The right person would make quick work of this spell caster. What happened here was a tragedy but you are lucky Ms. Lizzy Ballear. My daughter and I happen to be the only adventurers strong enough in this town to rescue your grandson. And we are currently between missions." Ainz explained Erika couldn't believe that her Papa was going to exploit an old lady out of her money to do a quest that she thought they would do anyway. She knew her Papa always did things for a reason so maybe this is what you were supposed to do.