Taylor's Review #2

This review is for Agsznn_ with Broken Nets. It was completed by taylorwritesbooks_.

****Only read 2 chapters****

Title: 3/5

I did not get the title's meaning. Maybe reading more would have given this to me.

Cover: 4/5

Cute cover! I usually do not like people on covers, but this one stood out to me. It drew me in!

Blurb: 1/5

I like it when a blurb explains what is going on in the story. This did not do so since it was so short. This may have been on purpose, but I think adding in some stuff will help readers know what they are getting into.

First Chapter: 6/10

It was a good chapter. I was confused several times, but I chalked that up to me not reading the blurb and going into it blind. I did not understand why the character would reply with one word a lot of times when there was dialogue. I do think that there may be a better way to start this chapter, as it is the beginning of your story. Maybe throw in some action at the beginning instead of a simple descriptive sentence. That is just a thought.

Characters: 12/15

I love the idea of the character aesthetic chapter. It felt like a good addition, but maybe you could add in some descriptions of the characters there as well. I like your characters, and I think learning more about them before beginning the story would be beneficial since there are a few characters. You gave them depth in the chapters I read, which helps me feel like they are real people in a way.

Plot: 14/20

As I mentioned, I only read 2 of the main chapters in the book since I am in a time crunch. This is why I dock points on the plot. I like the storyline and can see its potential. If you want me to look more into the plot, just let me know.

Grammar: 11/20

I do have a suggestion for your grammar. A lot of times I noticed there seemed to be run-on sentences. This may not be the case if we have a different perspective on grammar. However, I will provide an example. The first sentence "Bouncing with glee out of the volleyball court, she sent a quick wave at Gloria's direction, excited about how practice played out for today." Adding the commas may seem like a good idea, but this sentence feels like it is too long to me. I would suggest this maybe. "Bouncing with glee out of the volleyball court, she sent a quick wave at Gloria's direction. She was excited about how practice played out today." This is a simple change, but it does seem to flow better in my opinion. There were several sentences I noticed that seemed like they needed to be edited in the way I showed. The rest of the grammar seems fine besides the sentences that run-on.

Writing: 7/10

As I mentioned in the grammar, there were a few errors in your sentences. This threw me off a bit, and it made it harder to get through the book. However, I found your writing style itself to be good. I think just fixing those simple errors will go a long way!

Personal Enjoyment: 7/10

I did not know where to put this, so I will mention it here. I love that you have a playlist for the book. Those always draw me in! I will say that I think the story has potential! I think once you get some little writing mistakes fixed, it will draw more people in. The concept is interesting from what I understood, but there were several parts that left me a bit confused. However, I do think the story will be good and wish I had more time to read through more of it.

Total: 65/100

I hope that this helps some. There were more things that I could go into greater detail on later when I have more time, so if that is something that interests you reach back out to me on my personal account. Best of luck with this story!