Chicken's Review #9

A review has been conducted by craftychicken. The review is for Whirlwind written by softyhartz

Title 5/5 I love the title a lot.

Cover 3/5 I'm personally not a fan of real people on book covers but it's ok.

Blurb 5/5 The blurb is short but very effective.

First chapter 10/10 I was immediately hooked.

Characters 13/15 I found the characters a little flat.

Plot 18/20 The plot feels a little slow but I think it works.

Grammar/ vocabulary 20/20 I know you didn't ask me to focus on this but I didn't notice any mistakes at all.

Writing 10/10 Your writing is addictive and amazing.

Personal enjoyment 9/10 Only reason for 9 instead of 10 is the characters.

Total 93/100

Review Overall I really liked this.

Your writing is addictive and so easy to read. I have added this to my reading list as I need to know what happens.

I did find Ethan a little flat and I think this story could benefit from a few more flashbacks to the past to develop the characters a little more. I like Alyson a lot and she seems like a fierce girl who doesn't feel like she needs a man in order to be happy. This makes a great change from a lot of female protagonists in romance books.

If I had anything else to say, it would only be that I think this reads more as a young adult than a new adult. Unless there are more mature themes later on, I don't really see why this is regarded as a new adult story. I think you might be restricting your audience a little.

Now, I have nothing else to add.

In the event of not being able to give a lot of feedback, I like to recommend a book that I think you would enjoy. In your case, I have the perfect one. Lose you to find me by Erik J. Brown. It's a LGTBQ+ young adult romance set in a diner. I think you'd really enjoy it.

Anyways, thank you so much for asking me to do this review. I hope my feedback was helpful, even if there wasn't a lot of it, and I wish you all the best on your writing journey.

Craftychicken <3