Return home

-Kemosh city, Samovar-

Me and the troops returned to the imperial garrison on Kemosh city after I decapitated the rogue jedi Naq Med. The citizens of Samovar greeted us kindly, finally having peace after a long time of fighting. They ran towards us, giving us flowers as we marched back into the city. I warmly accepted the flowers given by a young girl and smiled. My best friend, Gary, had nudged me in the side to get my attention. He pointed to a large ship that held mining equipment. Obviously for the doonium but it was the company name that caught my attention.

Covraii Mining Guild.

''Didn't know your family owned a mining company, Sal.'' Gary said to me and I was just as shocked. ''Don't tell me you didn't know.''

''My aunt must've made one while I was in the academy.'' I replied to Gary.

''Your aunt? Not your parents?''

''Dead. Killed by pirates when I was 9-10.''

''Damn. Sorry to hear that.''

''It's fine. Let's get general Motti to the medic bay and inform Coruscant about our victory.'' I said and we made our way into the garrison.
______________________________________

-Imperial factory-

I decided to go to the imperial factory on a nearby planet. Samovar or other planets didn't have any factory so the vehicles came from the nearest factory. The malfunctioning of the walkers and tie fighters were too numerous to be just coincidence so I decided to take matters into my own hands. Major Gren and captains Gary and Kassus along with 10 troopers were by my sides and per my orders, the factory workers were assembled.

''Colonel Covraii, as great of an honor it is for a famed hero of the empire like to visit our humble factory, I must protest the need to summon all the workers like this.'' said the female minister who was in charge while the planetary governor was away.

''It is my belief that my actions will stop any incompetence and laziness to outright sabotage, minister.'' I said bluntly, no doubt offending the minister.

''Sabotage? Colonel, I take offense in that statement. We are doing our best to build the empire's war machines.''

''And yet the vehicles produced in this factory malfunction at a far faster rate than normal, minister. Either my actions get to them or I will drill it into their bones.'' I said as we walked into the assembly and a large force of over 200 workers assembled. ''Is this all?''

''Yes, colonel. These are all the workers'' the minister said. ''Look sharp, ladies and gents. We are honored by a visit from a war hero who won the empire 2 wars.''

''Thank you minister but my visit is... to put it bluntly, not a visit but rather... an inspection. Vehicles built in this factory malfunctioned at a rate far faster than the average. A speeder bike exploded after just 15 minutes and it was just it's first drive. An AT-AT stopped working when it fired a few shots. Let us hope there isn't a saboteur amongst you.'' I said as I looked over the data.

''You there, worker 1224, you built this speeder, did you not?''

''Yes sir.'' replied the worker.

''Please. Demonstrate how quickly it can reach full speed.'' I said and I could see the hesitation and fear in his eyes as he came forward. He got on the speeder to get to full speed but the engine was overheating in just 10 seconds. For a newly built speeder bike, it shouldn't be possible unless it was sabotage.

''It's overheating!'' the worker shouted as he shut down the speeder. I ordered the troops who then got the worker on his knees. They removed his helmet and I used my stick to beat him up. Blood came out his face and the other workers grew terrified.