Night of a thousand tears

-Sundari city, Mandalore-

The Mandalorians and rebels watched as an armada of ships never before seen had appeared about half a million miles away from the planet. Captain Rex knew the frigates as munificent class star frigates, the backbone of the separatist navy in the Clone Wars. He also recognized the Morning-Star as an upscaled version of General Grievous' Malevolence. The other ships though, he didn't know what they were or what they were capable off. He read the data being gathered and though it was relatively little, he gave it his thoughts. ''I recognize those separatist frigates everywhere. Seems they're a new model meant to carry heavier turrets and a wing of starfighters. Don't know about these heavy cruisers but they look like miniature star destroyers and have half the firepower of a venator. These new star destroyers are nearly 5 times an ISD with more than 10x the firepower and these dreadnoughts are nearly 8x an ISD.''

''Alert the defenses and get the planetary shields online.'' Bo Katan ordered her soldiers to do so. ''Sabine, you were part of the empire's weapons project. Do you know these ships?''

''No.'' Sabine replied. ''All I know is that Covraii's ship has greater power and firing range compared to a normal star destroyer. More than a hundred times in fact. That's all I know.''

''Then we must prepare to fight. I will not let an Akkadian have victory over Mandalore. Not again.'' Bo Katan said, putting on her helmet and prepared to fight.

'Just what are these new ships and what are you planning, Salazar?' Rex thought to himself as the imperial fleet was still near Mandalore.
______________________________________

        -aboard the Morning-Star-

I stood before the appointed leaders of the task forces I assigned and gave them the plans for Operation: Retaliation. ''Colonel Kassus, Inanna and Kannon will lead the legions to the south, west and east sides of Sundari city while I take the 17th and attack from the north. Sky commander Kyse will lead the Tie squadrons and bomb the defenses, establishing air superiority first before we attack. Admiral Conrad, prepare for base delta zero. You have your orders.'' I told everyone.

''Yes sir.'' Colonel Kassus, Sky Commander Kyse and Admiral Conrad said in unison as their holograms were ended.

''What's base delta zero, big sis?'' Tia asked Uri.

''It means orbital bombardment.'' Uri replied, shocking her teammates except Buster Tim. ''I am not one to question your tactics, Grand General sir, but... we are too far away for turbo lasers or missile launchers to hit Mandalore.''

''I had almost forgotten you were a storm trooper captain before you resigned, Uri Penta. You too were a Tie pilot were you not, Buster Tim? You two obviously know imperial protocols and data.'' I said and faced them. ''My ships have special turrets that are made so that they have a firing range of more than a hundred times a normal star destroyer.''

''You mean they can hit targets at more than 500,000 miles, sir?'' Uri asked.

''Indeed they can.'' I said and turned to a lieutenant. ''Let us test how well they fare against the full might of my armada. Contact Admiral Conrad aboard his flagship. Commence the orbital bombardment... now.'' I said and looked at Mandalore.

''Yes Grand General.'' the lieutenant said and all technicians prepared the turbolaser turrets and missile launchers to fire on Mandalore.

Then, all the ships of the 9th fleet, from the frigates and cruisers to the apollyon star destroyers and sovereign star carriers and the Morning-Star rained down fire on Mandalore. From the surface of the planet, dark blue, almost violet plasma bolts hit Mandalore like a rain of death. The shields started to go weaker and weaker as civilians started getting anxious. Missiles came down and inflicted greater damage. The planetary shields collapsed after 2 minutes of continous bombarding and the turbolaser bolts started to destroy the dome cities. Missiles were launched and the planetary defense cannons were destroyed, blown to scrap metal and dark blue plasma decimated the buildings. Primrose watched in both awe and absolute terror the full military might that I possessed and it was used on Mandalore.