𝟎𝟖

the day after talking to kunigami and isagi, (name) was reading silently in his room that he stayed in. he flipped the pages quickly with a neutral blank face before anri busted in.

"(name)! ego called you to talk in his office." anri said. watching as (name) sighed and thanked her before leaving through his door.

♥ 

(name) knocked on ego's office door. the doors opened and (name) stepped in, (name) looked at ego who had his back face to (name) while looking at the large screens on the wall.

"what do you need ego?" (name) asked, crossing his arms and getting straight to the point and ego smirked in response. "no need to be so straightforward." ego said in a mocking tone before turning his chair to face (name).

(name)'s lips pressed into a thin line as he patiently waits for ego to speak. ego clear his throat and started to speak, "well.. i was planning for you to make another physical hologram that's.. more difficult for the players."

(name) raised an eyebrow in slight confusion and squints his eyes at ego. "don't we have enough already?" ego adjusted his glasses and hummed. "i want you to create a physical hologram for the second stage. basically, i want the players to score 100 goals to go to the second stage."

ego watched as (name)'s face turned into one of annoyance but quickly went back to his usual neutral, blank expression. "so your saying you want me to make over 100 hologram for those players? are you serious?" (name) bluntly said and facepalmed.

"exactly." ego said and before (name) was about to deny, he turned his chair back to face the screens again. (name) sighed and mumbled. "fine.. but you better pay me a lot."

ego smirked slightly and hummed. "deal." (name) could practically see the happy aura floating around him when (name) agreed to make these holograms.

"alright your free to go now." ego said while gesturing a "shoo" with his hand. (name) stayed silent walked out blankly and started heading to the location where the hologram's will be made.

along the way, (name) was just relaxing since he was finally away from ego. he quietly walked there before settling down and beginning the hologram creation while listening to music using his headphones.

a black haired boy with turquoise eyes peaked through the door.  (name) felt a hard gaze on him and looked over at the boy. (name) instantly recognized the boy. "itoshi rin." (name) thought before pausing his work and looking back at rin.

rin looks at (name) blankly before asking quietly. "..what are you doing?" he asked while approaching (name). looking at the complex hologram numbers and words.

"i'm creating a hologram for the second selection." (name) mumbled as he turned down his music to hear rin speak. rin hummed and tilts his head in slight confusion looking at the hologram in process.

the two sat there in silence. (name) just working on the hologram and rin just watching (name) while trying to understand how the hologram is being made.

but honestly, rin likes the silence between them. there isn't a need to interact, it was a comfortable silence that the two teenagers shared.

thank you all for 3k+ reads omg?? i didn't think this book would make it this far!! i hope you all like the rin's and (name)'s interaction!

published: 11/4/2023

550 words