Chapter 1: Entrance Duel (part 1)

Here is the first chapter, hoping you will enjoy it! Don't hesitate to vote if you liked it or to comment!

Somewhere, in Domino City,

Point of view of ???

I was about to join the stands, when I saw a woman leaning against a wall. Judging by her backpack on the ground and her gray coat with the collar and pants of the same color, it had to be a midshipman. I could also see the shadow of a blue t-shirt, under the coat. With her arms crossed, she was tapping and seemed to have her eyes elsewhere. She was probably focused in her exam and, no doubt, stressed. Maybe I should say something to calm her down?

Me: Are you worried about your exam?

She cut off her thoughts and turned her gaze to me. Her ocean-blue eyes seemed so deep you could drown in them. Her fire-colored hair emphasized a rather fiery character. I wouldn't be surprised if she used a fire deck or even water. What's more, I was astonished to observe a more tanned skin than the usual students. It wasn't something we were used to seeing. I wonder what his story was.

Smiling Woman: Yes, I admit it. But it's not just that.

I looked at her, curious about this reason. And she didn't take long to give it to me.

Woman with an angry expression: I hope he won't be late again! If he gets flunked because of this, I swear I'll destroy his damn Kuriboh clump!

I smiled nervously, hearing this. Well, we can't say that she didn't lack temperament!

Me: You are worried about your friend, I see.

Woman: Of course! He's the one who taught me how to play cards, but he's so...Rahh...How to say...Careless, sometimes. I hope he didn't forget to set his alarm this morning.

Me: If you ask me, you should focus on your exam.

Woman sighing: You're probably right. I'll have plenty of time to worry about him once this one is over.

Me smiling: Don't worry about losing or winning. Just give it your best shot.

She smiled at me, her eyes seeming to sparkle with joy and anticipation this time.

Woman: You're right. By the way, my name is Selya

Me smiling: Nice to meet you. I'm Alexia.

Announcement: Selya Yavani, your presence is required in ring number 4.

Selya: Ah, looks like it's my turn.

Me: Good luck!

She picked up her bag and gave me a smile.

Selya: Thank you.

With that, she ran towards the examination area. This strange character caught my interest. So did her friend with hair like Kuriboh. I tried to imagine this and saw an individual with a bush so big that he couldn't see. No...It was probably an image she was giving. So I hurried to the stands, curious to see the performance of the new students.

Later,

Selya's point of view:

I soon reached my assigned ring. A man with sunglasses hiding his eyes and a crimson blue uniform was waiting for me.

Examiner: Applicant Selya Yavani, I am the one who will examine your performance. I hope you will give your best.

Me smiling: I don't plan to live with regrets, sir!