Chapter 29: Flaming Rage (part 1)

Hello! As promised, here's the duel between Selya and Camula. However, our dear duellist, motivated by rage and guilt, is going to awaken a being even more terrible. Feel free to vote, if you liked it, or to comment.

Selya's point of view

The day after,

Zen's defeat by this terrible blackmail was too much for me. So I carefully prepared my deck to challenge that bloodsucker. Once everything seemed perfect, I took my cards to form my deck, before arranging it in its pouch. Then I took the dueling disc and put it on my wrist.

Worried Na'vi warrior: Are you sure of yourself?

Me: I can't let her continue her rampage. It's my duty to stop her.

Na'vi Warrior: Don't let guilt blind you, Selya.

Resolute, I set off towards the Gothic castle overlooking the lake. I landed in front of the lake and stared at the building with determination. As if to answer the mental challenge I was throwing at her. So I set off, ignoring Jaden's approaching voices. I wouldn't let anyone suffer again, because I'd failed in my duty.

Me: Be careful, I don't want you to die of a heart attack. Not a bit since I kicked your butt, old lady.

She looked at me angrily, before calming down with an evil glint in her eye.

Camula: Well, what are you waiting for, kid?

Me: For once, you're right. We've talked too much.

So I took my place opposite her and began to deploy my dueling disk, followed by her. The latter unfurled like a bat.

Jaden: Selya, stop it!

Alexia: Oh no!

Chazz: We were too late.

Me: Duel!

Camula: Duel!

LP Selya : 4000

LP Camula : 4000

Jaden's point of view

Cecilia expressed her concern for her sister, after seeing her reaction to the defeat by Zen. I hadn't paid much attention to Selya's feelings, too focused against my own frustration. And now she was going to make the same mistake as Zen! I had just enough time to pick up the dueling disc and my deck, before following her with Chumley and Syrus. I took the opportunity to put it in the device's holder, as we headed for the castle overlooking the sky. We arrived just in time to see my friend enter with determination.

Cecilia: Big sister, wait!

Me: Selya!

But nothing could be done. She wouldn't listen to us and when we finally arrived, it was too late. The duel had already started, making me furious.

Me: Selya, let me...

Selya: It's my fight, Jaden. I should have done it in the first place. I wouldn't have lost Crowler and Zen.

Camula laughed at this.

Camula: How touching! Well, I'm in a charitable mood. I'll let you get started. You're going to need it, kid. I hope you realize what's at stake in this duel. If you lose, I'll own your soul and lock it up in this doll.

Selya remained focused as she showed me the wicker doll she had chosen. A reminder of the cruel price of defeat.

Selya: I'm not stupid!