Chapter 30: Flaming rage (part 2)

Hi! Here's the outcome of the duel, with a little surprise. We hope you enjoy it! Don't hesitate to vote if you like it or to comment.

Alexia's point of view

Selya stared at Camula with a look of pure, predatory rage. The latter remained motionless, as if frozen in fear. I've never seen so much anger in her eyes as now, and it was terrifying. The flames seemed driven by a desire to destroy everything.

Camula: What...what are you?

The ground continued to shake, and cracks began to form on the walls.

Suddenly, it calmed down and the aura began to shrink, as did the terrible heat. The temperature dropped and returned to normal. The menacing aura now surrounded our friend, this time in a more protective guise.

Selya: It was just...

Although it came from my friend's mouth, I didn't recognize her voice. This one sounded more refined and mature.

Me: Selya?

Cécila: Big sister? Have you come back?

She straightened her head and assumed a posture I'd never expected to see from her. Elegant yet firm. Like a queen. Even her eyes seemed to have changed, taking on a more refined quality, as if from another time. When she turned her gaze to Cécila, the difference was clear to see. The eyes seemed to have lengthened, showing deep, wise blue irises. As if she'd seen a lot in her life. Moreover, her aura was more soothing than before, her warmth softer.

Selya: Your sister is sleeping now. It was necessary, to avoid tragedy.

She then turned her gaze to the vampire, showing greater firmness.

Selya: As for you, vampire countess, you've played with fire. Your actions could have had terrible consequences. What's more, you've made my little one suffer, and that I won't tolerate.

The spirit didn't reply, merely raised his hand. Suddenly, an eye symbol appeared on his forehead, similar...

Syrus: Wait! That's the same symbol on the millennium puzzle! And...

He didn't have time to finish before a golden light illuminated us for a few moments, before stopping.

Camula: Are you hoping to dazzle us with light?

Esprit: No. I'm just undoing the shadows.

The symbol disappeared, making us wonder if we'd dreamed it had appeared. Then came a sinister creak, drawing our gaze to the sinister Gothic door. Turning our gaze in its direction, we could see the Door of Illusions looking tarnished.

Camula: The Door of Illusions..what...have you done to it?!

Esprit calmly: I just destroyed it.

Camula shocked: What?! But it's a card linked to the power of sacred beasts! How...could you...

Destroy it? What...How did she do it? The cracks became more and more numerous, before the door collapsed on itself, shocking us all.

Camula: Who...are...you?

Esprit: You don't need to know. Please, let's continue the duel. Unless you want to forfeit?

She spoke as if what she had just done was normal. When she'd just destroyed a card, linked to sacred beasts as if it were nothing! What kind of spirit is this? The vampire recovered from her fright and stared angrily at her. Her next turn was inconclusive, as she had to skip her turn and gave Camula a chance to finish, much to our despair.