Chapter 3: Welcome Duel (Part 1)

Here is the continuation, with the first day of the newcomers. We hope you like it! Feel free to vote, if you do, or comment.

We soon arrived at the Dueling Academy and soon we had our coats, after the boys and girls were separated. I was unpleasantly surprised to see that I had a different coat from Jaden. I had blue, while he had red. So was Syrus. After changing in the locker room, wearing a white top with blue trim, to my dismay, my silhouette and my round and well-shaped chest. A small blue skirt, finishing the set while I put the belt where he had the pocket containing my deck. Then we were invited to go to the classroom where Chancellor Shepard gave us a welcome speech. Informing us of the presence of several dormitories. No doubt related to the color of our uniforms. I looked at the device indicating where I was assigned and it was obelisk blue. I walked to the entrance where I saw Jaden and Syrus each leaning against a stone, serving as a decoration with the baby dragon design. At least, from what I could see, since Jaden was covering the whole thing with his shadow.

Jaden: Hey Selya! Are you assigned to the Silfer dorm?

Me disappointed: No, Obelisk. It looks like we'll be separated.

Jaden: That's okay, Selya. You can always come visit us.

Me smiling: Yes.

Jaden getting up: We're going to visit our dorm. See you later, Selya.

I watched them walk away, smiling, before turning my gaze in the opposite direction. Where was the dormitory where I was assigned supposed to be? So I set off, foolishly following the people with the same color. Eventually, I arrived at a luxurious castle, which seemed to stretch across the entire grounds. No doubt of French inspiration, illuminating the ground by its architectural beauty marrying the white and the blue, on its roofs.

Me amused: I prefer hers. But that's okay.

Later,

I was on the balcony of my room, looking at the landscape in the distance. The trees spreading and the ocean breeze soothing my mind. Sitting in a chair. And I began to doubt. Was I accepted, because of my talent or just because of my family's influence?

Na'vi Warrior: You are here because of your talent. You know that very well.

Me: How can I be so sure now? Jaden is far more talented than I am and he is Slifer! I feel like I stole his spot.

Warrior Na'vi: Stop comparing yourself to him, Selya. You have plenty of it. Otherwise, you would never have won against the examiner.

Me: Unless he let me win too...

Na'vi Warrior: That's not the impression he gave.

Me: Oh...I can judge Syrus, I'm no better...

Jaden and I had been inseparable for years. Although I was steeped in the culture of Monster Dueling, it was Jaden who taught me how to play it.

Na'vi Warrior: Think of it as a test, Selya. Jaden won't be around forever, and you'll have to make your own way eventually.

Me: You're probably right. Besides, there's nothing stopping me from going to see him...

She sighed, but smiled nonetheless.

Warrior Na'vi: Of course.

With that, she disappeared. With that, I returned to my room and began to put on my shoes. Then a familiar voice was heard at my door, cutting me off from my thoughts.

Alexia: Selya, are you there?

Me: Uh...Yes. You can come in.

She came in, while I finished putting on my first shoe.

Alexia: Oh...I see you are going somewhere?

Me: There is no hurry. So, you are Obelisk, huh?

Alexia smiles: Yes. And so is Zane. Welcome to the dorm! I was going to give you a tour, but I see you have other plans in mind.

Me: Uh...I'll be fine. It can still wait. Besides, since I'm going to be here for three years, I'd better get to know the place. It would be silly if I got lost. Just let me finish getting ready.

So I put on my second shoe and we started our journey. And I soon realized that I had done the right thing in accepting the proposal. The Obelisk dormitory was not only luxurious, but vast! It was breathtaking. Between the rooms, the park, the library, the resting places, the playroom...

It reminded me of the years I spent at his house. Since I was two, it was my home. And more for my sister. He often called me "his little warrior". I didn't look for the reason for that, because it suited me. With him, we were taken by passion for the drawing. He was very talented and he passed on his passion to us. I had considered following in his footsteps, becoming a designer. Then I met Jaden who gave me the passion for duels. But I still had this interest in drawing and I had brought my equipment. I thought I'd start once I had some free time.

I wanted to tell him about my entrance so badly! I was dying to! But the schedule was quite busy at the moment. Considering the schedule provided. But I would find a moment to talk to her.

Alexia: Are you okay?

Me: Yes...Just...Nothing. Shall we continue?

We were continuing the tour. It was definitely bigger than his castle, but I thought his was much better. Especially in terms of the layout.

Later on,

Once the visit finished, we went to the Academy. The young woman was a great help, managing to give me some pointers. She was really nice.

Me: Thank you, Alexia. It's nice of you to give me some time.

Alexia smiling: It's normal. We have to help the newcomers to integrate.

Then we went to the arena room. I could see that it was crowded. And soon, a familiar face appeared. The disdain shown by my classmates made my nerves hot. On the one hand, Jaden didn't have the right approach, claiming to be the next king of the games. But hey, it was Jaden...

Me: Jaden!

He stopped looking at the departing obelisk students and turned to me.

Jaden: Hey, Selya! That uniform looks good on you!

Me: You too, Jaden

Voice: I couldn't agree more.

We turned our gaze to the direction of the voice, to also see an Obelisk standing there. With black hair in spikes, some of which was sticking out of his eyes and a nose. What the hell was that hair? With dark eyes, he stared arrogantly at Jaden.

Alexia sighed: Selya, this is Chazz Princeton.

Chazz smiling: Thanks, Alexia. You could have added, the new king of the game. But that's okay.

Smiling Jaden: Well, it looks like there are two of us competing for the title.

He stared at Jaden with some mockery.

Chazz: You? A slifer? What a joke! If you want to know something, Selya, you should stay away from him. It's a shame that such a beautiful and talented duelist could be in the company of such a loser.

Jaden: Hey, I'm not even close! I beat Crowler!

Chazz: Just lucky. And I'll enjoy proving it to you, by taking you down in front of Selya. It'll be short and sweet.

I was about to intervene to teach this idiot some manners, when Alexia managed to cut in.

Alexia: Chazz, do I have to remind you about the Obelisk welcome dinner? You're late.

Chazz walking away: Oh yeah...come on guys

Of course, it was his little minions... He seemed to be the academy kingpin.