Chapter 6: Exam Duel (part 1)

Here's the continuation of the famous duel between Chazz and Jaden. Feel free to vote if you like it or comment.

Selya's point of view

During my journey from the dormitory to the academy, I caught up with Alexia, who wasn't with the duo this time.

Me: Hey, Alexia!

She turned to me, smiling

Alexia: Selya! Sleep well?

Me: Yes. Strangely

Alexia smiled: Considering how often you worry about Jaden, it's understandable.

Me sighing: And I'm afraid it's not over...

It had been two weeks since Jaden and Alexia's nocturnal duel. My friend wasn't exactly a model student, often sleeping during class. Besides, I was worried about Crowler's intentions. I had a hunch that he was the author of the fake love letter. But I had no proof, apart from my word.

Alexia: You know, even if I'd won, I wouldn't have turned them in.

I couldn't help but look at her in surprise.

Me: Why not?

A smiling Alexia: The year wouldn't be as exciting without them.

Me: Well, you won't be disappointed.

We spent the rest of the trip revising for the next exam, and as we started to arrive at class, I was unpleasantly surprised not to see my friend's shadow.

Me: Don't tell me he forgot to set his alarm...Damn, he's going to give me wrinkles and gray hair, before my time!

Banner: Settling in, please.

And so we obeyed, soon joining our places. Poor Syrus was still out of breath from his race to get here on time and was already a nervous wreck, even though the papers hadn't yet been distributed. Little by little, he handed out the exam, before returning to his office. Wishing us good luck. So, I locked myself in my bubble to concentrate on answering correctly. Fortunately, apart from a few complicated questions, the majority were a recital of the course.

Later,

I was confident of success, feeling that I'd answered all the questions. I was smiling, until I saw a certain blue-uniformed fool.

Chazz: Hello Selya

Me coldly: What do you want?

Chazz: Let's see... Between distinguished people, we can be courteous.

Me: Would I be entitled to this treatment if I were Slifer or Ra?

Chazz: But you're not. Why keep a relationship with one of these good-for-nothings? It only tarnishes your beauty and talent.

I rolled my eyes. That was the lamest pickup line I've ever heard.

Me: And let me guess...you're a better choice than him?

Chazz: Yes. I'm Chazz Princeton! Handsome, rich, influential, and talented. And the future king of the game.

Me sarcastically: And I'm the queen.

Chazz smiling: You could be.

Me: You're not lacking in modesty, anyway.

Chazz: Still better than a good-for-nothing Slifer.

Me: Chazz, I'm not interested in you. So will you please leave me alone? I've got to get ready for my dueling test.

Without further ado, I walked away to the ring to take my test. It was partly true, but I couldn't stand his jerkish behavior.