Chapter 23: Academic Duel ( Part 2)

Hi there, here's the latest on the famous duel between the Academy and its rival, as well as Chazz's revenge against Jaden. Feel free to vote if you like it or comment.

Alexia's point of view

LP Chazz: 3600

Dragon Armé LV7: ATK: 2800-DEF: 1000

LP Jaden: 1600

We could see the dragon's paw approaching our friend, but he reacted immediately. And he did, activating his "Spirit of the Hero". And so, Avian appeared on the field to defend Jaden. The same monster that had defeated Chazz came to take away his victory. And the same card that had saved his life against Selya.

Chazz frustrated: Huh??? What?? Who protected him?

Selya: A certain feathered hero. You must know him, Chazz.

Chazz annoyed: That's not funny, Selya!

Jaden: When an elemental hero is destroyed in battle, hero spirit allows me to negate battle damage.

Chazz: It's always the same with you. Well, it wasn't as if that changed my advantage.

I thought he'd matured, but he still had that arrogance. Still, it was hard to argue with him. For the time being. But after watching the duel with Selya, I was thinking that Jaden could very well turn things around, during this round. However, I was a little disappointed, as he summoned Winged Kuriboh in defense mode ( ATK: 300-DEF: 200).

Selya with hearts: Oh!!! He's so cute!

Bastien: Uh...Selya, are you okay?

I broke out in a sweat, as did Zen, Syrus and Chumley. Selya and Winged Kuriboh...A misunderstood love story

Chazz: Always the same way of running away from things, isn't it?

Alexia: Ironic, coming from someone who left the Academy rather than accept his punishment.

Chazz: As if you knew anything, Alexia. You, the model student! Don't think that stupid hairball is going to save you again, Jaden!

Kuriboh fidgeted, annoyed.

Chazz: And still angry.

Selya: Don't insult Kuriboh, Chazz! This creature is the embodiment of the beauty and goodness of this world!

I thought I saw winged Kuriboh break out in a sweat. Perhaps I was dreaming?

Chazz: What? Are you embarrassed now?

Who was Chazz talking about? Kuriboh?

Selya's point of view

I watched the show with surprise. Was it me or was Chazz seeing the dueling spirits?

Guerrière appearing next to me: Look who's standing next to her.

I turned my gaze, and noticed a strange yellow creature in a bathing suit, with eyes like antennae and a big mouth. Yellow Ojama?

Me: Pinch me, am I dreaming?

Then I felt a pinch on the back of my neck and watched my warrior.

Me: Hey!

She just laughed, amused.

Ojama: Boss, maybe he or the girl knows something about my brothers? So summon me to the Field so I can ask, please.

Chazz: Shut up! You don't belong in a duel too... Wait, did you say something about a girl?

Yellow Ojama: Uh...Yes.