Chapter 8

Ceren entered the living room holding her phone, giving Eda an odd look, who was flipping through the pages of one of the architectural magazines, she subscribed to. Eda was sitting on the couch next to a big stuffed unicorn, which she put there and forbade anyone to move it. Ceren rolled her eyes, sometimes her cousin acted like a spoiled three years old child, and she suspected that the tragic events she lived through at that age made her stuck in that state of mind.

"Eda, I just talked with Dad. Are you engaged with Serkan and investing with him?" She asked, drawing a surprised look from Fifi and a little shrug from Eda.

"No, we will just get married when the project starts in June." Eda said in a calm voice, examining her nails. She looked up at the shocked faces of her friends, and she burst out loud laughing.

"I'm kidding. Married to him. God forbid! We are not engaged. It was just his stupid idea to cover up those handcuffs at his business dinner. But I'm investing with him."

"Eda! Stop joking like this, or I'm going to get a heart attack!" Fifi smacked Eda with the magazine.

"Blame your cousin." Eda retorted.

"So after you handcuffed him and went to London, he told his business partners you are engaged? Serkan? Serkan did that?" Ceren raised her brows in disbelief.

"Yep, it was all him."

"And he bought you this horse?"

"It's not a horse it's a pony!" Eda covered the ears of the stuffed unicorn, pretending to be outraged. "It's my engagement gift, as he didn't have a ring." She giggled.

Ceren rolled her eyes. Someone knocked at the door, and Ferit stuck his head inside.

"Girls, we are going to the pub. Are you going with us?"

"Who's going?" Fifi asked.

"Everybody. That means you are going too, Eda." Ferit said at Eda's snort. "Last time, you weren't eighteen yet, so you couldn't go with us, and now you have to have a drink with me."

"Sorry, Ferit, not this time. I just took painkillers for my headache. I can't drink."

"So we'll have a toast with juice. You'll be the driver. How long will you be getting ready?"

"We are ready, right girls?" Eda got up from the couch and went to take her purse and cardigan. "What, Ferit, do you think we need hours to get dressed?"

"Eda, he is traumatized after Selin." Fifi laughed, looking for her jacket. "He had to wait for hours under her doors while she was putting fake eyelashes on."

"And she didn't even do that for him. She wanted him to take Serkan on their date." Ceren added, making a quotation mark gesture with her fingers.

"Are you going to talk about me like I'm not standing here?"

"Yes." Ceren and Fifi said simultaneously.

"One mistake in my life, and you're going to torment me forever?"

"It was a big one. Serkan and I considered disowning you. Fortunately, you've come to your senses." Fifi chuckled, closing the door, and they went downstairs to leave the castle. On their way to the parking, they met Serkan, who was going to the gate.

"Serkan, are you going to the pub with us?" Fifi asked.

"No, I'm going to Nesrin."

The moment Eda heard that, she lost any good mood she was in, and rolled her eyes angrily.