Chapter 26

Excited Ceren sat by the table where Eda, Fifi, and Piryl were going through the interior magazines. 

"Did you get this other house too?" She asked, glancing over Piryl's shoulder, who was sketching the ground floor plan.

"Yes, Serkan just got a call confirming that the house is us. There was some problem with the property, but everything got resolved, and we own it." She smiled brightly, making the pages with furniture she liked.

"But you don't need two houses." Ceren pointed out with an eye roll.

"Now no, but in future we do. The house by the river is just for the two of us, and the mansion with the view at the Bosphorus will be our family home in a couple of years. Serkan will renovate it himself, and I will do the landscape."

"And I will do the interior for both houses." Piryl added, smiling brightly. "It will be great for ArtLife's portfolio."

"Family home? Are you already planning children? You never struck me as the motherly type. Are you going to be a housewife, cooking three-course dinner for your husband and doing his laundry?" Eda's cousin teased her with a faint mean smile dancing on her lips, earning herself a glare.

Fifi chuckled from the other side of the table. "Imagine that. Eda with rollers in her hair and stained dress, trying to extinguish the fire in the oven with half of Serkan's wardrobe."

"Are you so funny?" Eda made a childish face at them. "We will have a family after four or five years, and who said I'll be doing any of that? Serkan knows that I won't be cooking, and believe me, he does not wish I ever start. As if you are so great cooks and housekeepers. You are just jealous because none of your boyfriends proposed to you yet, and I will have a second wedding."

"I caught the bouquet and technically Enign caught the tie." Piryl remarked form over her skeches." 

"And there will be a second chance to catch the bouquet. This time aim at me and keep Sirius away." Ceren retorted with a cheerful smile.

"Only Ceren is sore because she has known Ferit her whole life and she is longer with him than you with Serkan, but he didn't even think about proposing." Fifi mocked the blonde, who now glared at her.

"I can keep his sister hostage until he proposes." Ceren squinted her eyes but turned to Eda, taking the bridal magazine from the pile on the table. "Eda, have you decided on that dress?"

"Yes, that second one I tried on was perfect, and it's spectacular enough to carry my Mom's wedding tiara."

"That dress is huge. Absolutely beautiful but with so many layers. Won't you boil in it in the middle of summer?" Piryl asked.

"Only if Fifi decides to turn off the air conditioner in the hotel. I'll be fine. You saw other dresses, they all are like that."

"I can't believe we will have a wedding reception soon. Last time it all happened so quickly that it almost was surreal, but this one feels real. I called all our cousins, and they are coming too. We haven't had that big family gathering for years since our great-grandmother passed away."

"I know." Eda agreed with Serkan's cousin, looking dreamy afar. "I'm so excited too. Even if we are already married, it feels like we are getting married again."

"And then you are off to the honeymoon?" Ceren asked, wiggling her brows. "Where are you going?"

"I have no idea. Serkan doesn't want to tell me, but he pushed everything back for a whole month. The Antalya project too. First due to Alptekin scheming, and now Serkan decided he want to have summer free before starting with the investment and opening Artlife. I hope you don't mind." Eda turned to Piryl.