Chapter 11

"Are you managed to finally get somewhere with Bolat?" A sharp voice asked on the other side of the line, and Selin flinched under the accusatory tone of her mother's voice.

"I'm trying, but he literally disappeares at my sight! I don't know what to do."

"Seriously, Selin, you are so useless. I don't even know why I and your father are paying for your education abroad. You could stay in Istanbul, and the effect will be the same."

"But why it matters? We are arranged anyway. Dad said he filed the documents for the marriage petition, and Serkan's parents agreed and signed everything."

"If you think it doesn't matter, you are as stupid as your father. I'm not even surprised, you inherited his brain." Selin's mother snorted condescendingly. "Five years, Selin. Five years and you didn't manage to do anything. He is a young man, and I saw from the pictures he's not lacking in any department. He has his needs, and you didn't take him to bed yet? Does he fuck everything around that he didn't even look at you?"

"It's not that easy!" Selin tried to defend herself. "And he's never with any girl!"

"Never?" Dalma Atakan laguhed. "And what about that girl with whom he spends every minute since he came back here? Do you think I don't know about her? You called crying to your father about her weeks ago. You're lucky she's nobody."

Selin fell silent.

"Is she nobody? Selin?! I can hear from your nervous breathing that you didn't tell us everything."

"She isn't nobody." Selin said reluctantly. "She's Ceren Basar's cousin."

"She's Basar? Do you have any idea how powerful this family is and with whom they are related?!"

"She's not Basar."

"Don't tell me she's Yildirim?! And her name is Eda? She's Eda Yildirim?!"

"Yes." Selin answered and closed her eyes, expecting her mother's rage.

"And you didn't tell us?! Do you even understand how threatening it is for our planes?! We all are wondering where is Yildirim's heiress and where her grandmother keeps her, and she's walking around campus with Bolat?! And he is spending all his time with the Yildirim girl? She goes under different name. Am I right?"

"Yildiz." Selin said, getting angry at her mother's rampage. "Why it even matters?! Everyone knows who she is!"

"Well, it was enough to distract us. If we knew earlier, we could act quicker. Pray Bolat won't knock up Yildirim girl!"

"The contract is between us!" Selin yelled through the phone. "Who cares she's Yildirim, and if she's hiding, we can announce in Turkey where she is!"

"Don't you even dare think about this!" Dalma threatened her daughter. "There is only one person who can't know about her, and it better stay this way for our own good. Do you even know about Yilidirims and Bolats?"

She laughed again, hearing silence on Selin's part.

"Nothing, just as I expected. You never had enough of a brain to get interested in your own future husband's family history."

"What about Yildirims and Bolats? Don't they hate each other?" Selin spat and heard a snort.

"Hate. Do you think that there is only one Bolat left? Ayse kids are Bolats by blood, they may have their father's name, but in Turkey, they are Bolats with access to their part of the inheritance. And from what I see, they love Yildirims. They were always in a tight circle for ages until Ediz Yildirim didn't become too aggressive and went too far to take Bolats fortune, the young generation decided to rebel, and that broke their close relationship. These two families kept everything in their hands. There was no business or venture they didn't control until Mustafa Yildirim didn't fucked everything up, married below, and Ayse Bolat threw a hissy fit and ran to England. She even took her nephew with her. With the Yildirims and Bolats alliance broken, they lost some of their influence, and we could go up the social ladder. But now, from what I see, Bolat is working on taking Yildirim's fortune after all. And they all very much love each other. Ferit Simsek is already with the Basar girl. What a coincidence! And if Bolat gets his Yildirim bride, they will be more tied and powerful than ever before! These two boys will have in their hands more money and power than anyone else in Turkey! And we will be out! Maybe they're already planning a double wedding!" Dalma was breathing heavily from anger.