Chapter 12

"Balca. Can we talk for a moment in private?" 

Balca almost let out a squeak when she saw Serkan Bolat standing next to her and asking to talk with him. She smiled at her friends and followed him to the more secluded and private area of the grounds.

"Serkan, what..." She started speaking when he looked at her with a murderous gaze.

"I know you meddled with my project and stole Eda's pendant over a week ago."

"What? No, I didn't do..."

"Stop lying. You deleted the footage, but I managed to restore it. It took some time, but I have clear proof on you."

"Serkan, I..." 

Serkan leaned closer to her and pierced her with his eyes. "Listen to me closely. Keep away from me and Eda and any of our friends, and I will let you finish your education. If not, you will be expelled in a matter of seconds, and no other school with take you in. Not here nor in Turkey."

"Are you threatening me? You don't own this school."

"As a matter of fact, I do." 

Serkan spun on his heel and left terrified Balca alone. She quickly regained her composure watching as he was marching toward the library. Balca narrowed her eyes at him. She wasn't giving up on her revenge for him rejecting her without even a chance. She just would be more subtle. Balca came back to her group, who gave her curious looks. 

"Serkan asked me out." She smiled, masking her evil smirk with a loud giggle.

* * *

"I want to see that fairy costume."

Eda picked up her head to see Serkan standing over her. She smiled to herself. "I don't have it here."

"You can have it sent to you."

"I could wear it to the classes." Eda giggled. "Imagine everybody's faces. The headpiece is to die for."

"I was rather thinking about the private show." Serkan smiled smugly.

"Did you watch the ballet?"

"Some parts."

"So you know it is a duet, and there is no Robot part there." She teased, shrugging her shoulders.

"I am more interested in the sugar plum fairy solo as a spectator."

"Mhm. Will see." Eda returned to her drawings. "But I think I should take it to classes. If I can't have sundresses, I can at least have it compensated with a pastel tutu."

"It would be fun, Peri kizi. I want to see how long you can keep that fake smile."

"For hours. Didn't you see when we were at your business dinner?"

"I saw. You were smiling at your uncle and at the same time murmuring insults under my address."

"See." Eda made an exaggerated grin showing her teeth.

Serkan sat down next to Eda and pulled her into his embrace, giving her a kiss on the lips. She had no idea what they were doing, or rather she knew, but she preferred to pretend she didn't and not to think about it, shutting these thoughts down far at the back of her mind. Eda was so good at ignoring her feelings and switching them off. They agreed to be frenemies, so they could be frenemies with benefits as they both found each other attractive. They just were having fun, and kissing him felt good. She could do that and bicker with him as always, but it was nothing more than that, she deiced and kissed him back.