Chapter 19

Eda was looking at Serkan, not believing what she just heard, while he continued in the same calm manner.

"There is one clause they didn't take into consideration. There is nothing about it in the documents. This rule was imposed a long time ago and can not be tripped by any new one. And Bolats and Yildirims' fortunes operate on the same rules. It could be only one fortune owner at the time that holds the full right to the everything, including all assets and companies. It was imposed to keep the fortune in one hand and not let it dissolve. The firstborn or oldest living son or daughter is getting access to the fifty percent when he or she comes of age. Twenty four in my case, twenty eight in Eda's. But with the moment of marriage, if the heir is out of age, he's getting automatic access and control over everything. If Eda and I will get married,  in two days we will have full control over Bolat Holding and Yildirim C.O. Not only my and Eda's fifty percent but everything. That will make us more powerful than them, as we can block their access to money and push them out of the companies."

Ceren nodded. "It can work."

Serkan looked at Eda. "It was the reason your father was killed. He was married at twenty to your mother, but they were murdered the day he turned twenty eight."

"Serkan." Eda didn't tear her gaze from Serkan's eyes. "Are you being serious? Do you want to take over the companies? You hate Holding, and I will never lead the company that existence was the reason for my parent's death. Never."

"Eda, can we talk in private?" 

Serkan got up from his chair and took Eda's hand to lead her out of the room. He found an empty bedroom and locked the door.

"Serkan. What is this? I won't agree to an arranged marriage. Wasn't that the one thing you were running from your whole life? And that was the reason my parents were killed. How can you even propose such a thing?!"

Serkan grabbed Eda and pulled her close to him. "Eda, do you love me?"

"What that has to do with..."

"Because I love you. And I planned to do this in different circumstances. I planned to find a ring. I wanted to take you to a beautiful place. I wanted to propose to you in the most romantic scenario I could come up with. But no matter the place, the ring, and the circumstances, one thing is still the same, I want to marry you. Not for fortunes, not for companies, but because I want to spend my life with you. Do you want it too, Eda? Do you want to spend your life with me? Do you want me as your husband?"

Eda looked into his eyes, and all she could see was love and sincerity. Serkan's eyes never lied to her. "I love you, Serkan. I want to be your wife."

He smiled brightly at her, and his eyes sparkled. He kissed her hard.

"I was hoping for that answer, otherwise it would be awkward." He chuckled, and Eda smacked him in his arm.

"How long have you thought about marrying me?"

"The moment I saw you I knew I have to make you Eda Bolat."

"But I'm not going to be a housewife." Eda said in a warning tone. "I won't be picking up your socks and boxers from the floor or doing dishes or laundry."

Serkan pursed his lips in a smile, trying not to laugh. "My socks? Are you talking about those you wore and left in the middle of my room? I was the one who was picking them up and doing your laundry."

"Exactly." Eda shrugged with a little smirk.

"Don't worry, I'm pretty sure we can afford a housekeeper." Serkan laughed at loud and cupped Eda's cheeks to pull her for another kiss.