Strep - Zayn (Zaim) P1

"Zayn, wake up. It's time to get ready." Liam sang.

Zayn rolled over in his bunk with a low grunt.

"I know you're tired. We all are. But you have to wake up." Liam continued persistently.

Liam ran his hand up and down Zayn's back until Zayn finally came around. Zayn opened his eyes a few times and squinted from the light up in the bus.

"Li, I really don't feel good." Zayn rasped while running a shaky hand through his hair.

Liam wasn't expecting to hear how scratchy and broken Zayn's voice came out. He put his palm to Zayn's forehead.

"Hmm, you're slightly warm. I'll tell Paul you can't perform today." Liam said.

He started walking away from Zayn's when he heard a croaky protest from the sick boy.

"No Li. Don't leave, I wanna cuddle you." Zayn complained then coughed painfully into his pillow.

Liam turned around on the heel of his foot.

"I'm not leaving Z. I just wanna call Paul. It'll take no time at all and then I can cuddle with you, ok?" Liam reassured Zayn.

Liam waited until Zayn nodded and grabbed his phone. Luckily Liam's chat with Paul went well which meant Zayn could get out of that night's concert.

It was five minutes later when Liam returned to Zayn's bunk.

"Zayn." Liam whispered in case Zayn was asleep.

"Li" Zayn tried but his voice was barely audible.

"Don't talk anymore, you need to save your voice." Liam said.

Zayn nodded and motioned for Liam to lay next to him. Liam obliged and squeezed into the small area next to Zayn. Zayn smiled cutely at Liam then ended up coughing.

Liam grimaced at Zayn's cough. It was rough and dry sounding. It had to be painful.

"Want some medicine for that cough?" Liam asked.

Zayn shook his head but it made him dizzy. He held onto Liam until the room stopped spinning around him.

After another round of coughing Zayn changed his mind on the medicine idea.

Liam was looking away so Zayn lightly tapped his friend's shoulder. Once he gained Liam's attention, he nodded.

"You want the medicine?" Liam asked.

Another nod.

"Ok, I'll be right back."

Liam hurried away so he could get back to his boy as soon as possible. He returned in record time with a few pills and some water.

"Can you sit up for me Z?" Liam asked softly.

He helped Zayn sit up in his bunk then handed him the pills and water. Zayn popped the pills and sipped the water. He winced as the pills rubbed against his raw throat. After he swallowed Liam took the glass and set it on a nearby table for later.

Liam let Zayn lay back on his pillow before he got in the bunk. They talked quietly until Zayn's voice was hurting too much to continue.

"How about you get some rest Z? I bet it would do you some good." Liam added.

Zayn nodded drowsily then yawned. The medicine was making him super sleepy.

"I'm gonna go make you some soup for when you wake up. Sweet dreams Zayny!" Liam wished, closing Zayn's curtain quietly.

He crept back to the front of the bus where the small kitchen was. While on the road the boys would have simple meals on the bus or fast food.

Liam took a soup can from the otherwise empty cabinet. It was very easy to cook which was good because none of the boys were master chefs. When the soup was done Liam put it in the fridge for when Zayn awoke from his nap. Then Liam relaxed.

About an hour later Zayn dragged his poorly self into the kitchen searching for Liam. Liam looked up from his phone when he felt Zayn's presence.

"Malik, you've finally gotten out of bed, I'm so proud." Liam chuckled.

Zayn rolled his eyes then sat down at the small table.

"So do you want your soup?" Liam asked.

Zayn shook his head earning a face from Liam.

"Zayn, you've had nothing to eat today." Liam reasoned.

"Fine." Said Zayn.

Liam then put the soup in the microwave until it was steamy. Then he set the newly warmed soup on the table in front of Zayn. Zayn looked at the soup unpleasantly. Liam noticed and sat across from Zayn. He gently pushed the bowl a little closer to his friend. Eventually Zayn began eating the soup. He even finished it. It actually ended up helping his aching throat but he didn't tell Liam because he didn't want him to know he was right.

"Thanks Li." Zayn said since his voice was getting better.

"Aww, anything for my Zayny." Liam said.

Zayn laughed for the first time that day.

"Never call me that again." Zayn giggled at the nickname.

"Now that you've had your soup back to bed." Liam forced.

"Ok ok." Zayn said before Liam went all Daddy Direction on him.

Liam followed Zayn to his bunk and tucked him in with a kiss on the forehead. The kiss made Zayn blush and smile but he swore it was from the fever.

Then Liam tried to walk back to the kitchen when Zayn stopped him just like before.

"Wait Liam, can you stay with me?" Zayn asked again.

"Ha, I was waiting for you to ask." Liam said, already on his way back to the boy.

The lads cuddled up for the rest of the day in Zayn's tiny bunk.

AN:

Hi, I hope you enjoyed my story.

Feel free to submit a request or provide tips.

Q & A, do you ship Ziam?

Thank you for reading!!!

- SmileyKoala <3