Clingy - Niall

Niall coughed harshly into the pit of his elbow.

"Ughhhhhhh" Niall moaned.

"What's wrong, need some more water Ni?" Liam asked.

Niall shook his head and sighed.

"I just want Louis." Niall croak, "I really miss him."

Liam walked over to Niall who was laying down on his bed. Niall looked directly at Liam with sad eyes whimpering.

"Niall, he'll be home soon, it's ok bud!" Liam said, sitting on the side of the bed.

Liam wanted to comfort Niall but also keep his distance from the sick boy. All day he'd been coughing up a lung. Whenever he wasn't coughing he was sniffling and asking for tissues. Some of the boys would say it was a bit much but not Louis. Louis always understood Niall. He was the only one who could comfort him.

"I know but I've been waiting allllll day." Niall said.

Tossed Niall a cough drop. Once he caught it he immediately popped it in his mouth and threw the wrapper on his bed.

"You should take a nap, Nialler. Louis can be there to wake you up once he gets home." Liam said.

"I guess." Niall said then coughed.

Soon Niall got comfy in his bed. Although every few minutes he would cough into his blankets. It didn't take long for him to drift off. The poor guy had a long day.

*2 hours later*

"I'm home!!!" Louis sang as he opened the hotel room door.

"Shhhh!" Said Zayn.

"Niall's asleep." Harry informed Louis.

Louis caught on and walked in quietly. He set his bag on the small table and went straight over to Niall, who was snoring in a clump on Louis's side of the bed.

"Baby, Ni." Louis rubbed his friends back soothingly.

Soon enough Niall came around. His eyes fluttered open and settled on Louis.

"Louis!" He tried to say but his voice was almost gone.

"Poor thing, I never should have left you like this!" Louis said with guilt.

He had no idea Niall was this sick when he left that morning for recordings.

"S'ok Louis. I'm just happy your here." Niall said.

Louis smiled at the blonde boy.

"Now come on, lay with me." Niall said.

He'd been waiting all day and got a tad impatient.

"Ok, ok." Louis said as he took off his jacket and shoes to lay in bed with Niall.

Niall snuggled into Louis's warmth. Louis wrapped his arms protectively around Niall so he felt safe. Niall loved it. Louis even scraped Niall's head because he knew Niall loved it.

The boys wanted to allow the boys a moment so they snuck out to get some food.

When the door creaked open and closed Niall didn't even flinch. It was like he was in a trance. That is, a very sniffly trance. Niall couldn't stop sniffing. He would use tissues but he had used them up hours ago.

Finally Louis spoke up on the matter.

"Hun, you ok? You keep sniffling." Louis asked Niall.

Niall snapped out of his trance and sniffled then wiped his nose on the sheets. Louis wasn't to pleased.

"Want a tissue Ni?" Louis followed up.

"Nah, we've been out of those for a while." Niall rasped.

"We'll let me go down and ask for some." Louis offered.

As Louis shifted Niall grabbed his arm with a clammy hand.

"Please don't leave. I've missed you all day Louis." Niall whispered.

Louis's heart nearly burst.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry I left. I'll message one of the boys to get it later. Let's keep hanging out, I'm not going anywhere." Louis assured Niall.

The reassurance worked because after that Niall's grip on Louis loosened dramatically and he settled down. Minutes later he was nearly asleep. Louis was too until he remember he needed to text the boys to bring a box of tissues.

When Louis tried to reach his hand to get the phone he remembered Niall was sleeping on it and he'd be out for at least an hour. The only way to reach the boys was through the phone so he would have to get his hand loose.

Louis wiggled his arm around slowly and Niall did nothing. Louis then tried to bend his arm back out but this time Niall stirred. Louis paused and watched.

"Where are you going? Why are you leaving Louis? Please stay here." Niall pleaded sleepily into the pillow.

"I'm not going anywhere Niall, you really need to calm down buddy. I just wanted to grab my phone and message the boys, ok? Nothing to worry about." Louis said.

Niall nodded and allowed Louis to do what he needed.

However once Niall heard the message sent alert from Louis's phone he pulled the older boy back in.

"Times up." Niall muttered.

"Ok, ok! Get some sleep sicky!" Louis ordered Niall.

"I will just cuddle me. I want you." Niall said.

Louis couldn't tell if it was the cold talking or if Niall had just said the cutest and most loving sentence he'd ever heard.

"I love you Ni." Louis said.

"I love you too." Niall rasped and cleared his throat.

It took no time at all for both boys to fall asleep. Soon the boys came back with some tissues and put them on Niall's side table so he didn't have to get up and leave Louis. Niall slept like that all night. Louis woke up for dinner but ate from the bed so he didn't have to leave Niall. Louis also kept the boys quiet while they watched football together. Overall it was an amazing night, especially for Niall, who woke up feeling like himself again. He claims it was Louis's magic head scratches which he will undoubtedly make a tradition when he's sick, but Louis could care less. Anything to help sweet Niall!!!

AN:

I hope you enjoyed my story!!!

Feel free to leave suggestions and requests in the comments.

Q & A, Who should I write about next?

Thanks for reading!!!

- SmileyKoala <3