CHAPTER 3

I was dressing up and as I looked in the mirror , I sighed. It felt weird to doll up for a man and his family who sees me as nothing but an object of giving birth to the potential heir of their family.

My hairs were open and the locks were falling on the side of my face. The eyeliner decorated on the top of my eyes . it wasn't very thick instead a thin line . I wore a red cherry lipstick , which has always been my favorite.

My mother came from behind and hugged me , as we stared in the almirah together . No matter how much I tried I couldn't gather myself to be all smiley.

"Do I look fine ?" I asked and my ammi smiled . I stared at her reflecting in the mirror with a smile.

"The most beautiful" she whispered .

"Now let's go quickly" she said and I nodded .

I walked out and looked at Ayan who was standing outside and stared at me . The light of the lamp was reflected in his eyes and it made his dark brown orbs glisten, yet it wasn't able to hide the sadness in his eyes .

"I wish I could turn back the time and make you mine" He whispered as his eyes fell upon me and I looked at him but didn't say anything. What could I possibly say ?

He didn't seem to even wait for an answer and walked out and opened the door of his car for me and I sat down there ,in my floral pink saree . My ammi and abbu sat on my side and Zubair sat on the seat beside the driver's seat. Everyone was dressed up and Ayan looked at me through the mirror and I quickly looked down . He started driving the car .

He kept stealing glances of me through the car's mirror . I was awkward all along and couldn't help but feel my stomach turn . An uncomfortable feeling crawled upon my spine .

I instantly regret asking for his help at the last moment.

FLASHBACK

"Hello Ayan" I greeted as my eyes scanned the small one room area in which me and my family were living.

'how could I be this stupid to even think of inviting Zayan here ? Where will he sit ? On my mattress ? Or the cupboard ?' I thought while again regretting my past decisions.

"Hello Inara...how are you?" He asked with a soft tone in his voice which was full of regret.

"Are you fine Ayan?" I asked ignoring the reason for which I called him in the first place .

"Yes...I am fine . It just hurts thinking that I gave you off so easily for someone else's happiness" he said and I sighed .

I can't help but want to throw up at such talks . To begin with I have never been a sucker for romance anyways.

"It's fine . I am sure you will find someone way better" I tried to comfort him .

"I don't know if there is anyone better than you but certainly I will find someone for me too. It's just that I am scared that while continuing to walk in the garden full of roses , trying to find the good one , I don't lose the most precious one" he blabbered and I was confused by his words.

Ayan was always like this . Weaving out words in such a way that left he confused.

"I didn't understand that" I honestly confessed.

Mrs Pride weds Mr Arrogant ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara