CHAPTER 30

Inara quickly covered his face and opened the door . Zayan stared at her for a second , but the net covered her eyes.

"What happened?" Inara asked in a slow slightly high pitched voice , she noticed Zayan from the side and a part of her knew that he would recognise her if she talked in her regular voice.

'Is she Inara ? Can't be..what was I even thinking . If she was , why would she be hiding from me . Her voice was just similar to my Inara for once, but now that I hear it, it's very different ' Zayan thought .

"Zayan Bhai! Please come here we need some help" Mehar told him .

"One min—"before he could complete , Mehar again called him .

Zayan stared at the Inara for a second without any look of recognition in his eyes and then lowered his gaze while walking towards Mehar to help her.

"We want to do a thorough check of your room because we doubt that you have stolen stuff" One guard informed.

"Ridiculous! If I had to steal I won't be working would I be?" She asked .

"It doesn't matter" Zara said while pushing to the side as she stared in disbelief at the male guards opening her personal bag.

"At least call a female!" She requested.

"Yeah , so that till the time they come , you hide all the stuff" Zara rolled her eyes.

As the men started to look around her stuff . She had 6 to 7 pieces of clothes, with 2 burkhas . All the others were clothes and toys which belonged to her son . On the side table was a tasbeeh with a prayer mat .

That's all she owned . She hated to see , how the guards threw around the little plushies of her son. She crouched down while carefully picking them up from the ground with her hands clenched . If she was the old Inara , she would have beaten all of them up with the same stick , but she couldn't.

Arsal was crying in the corner and she walked towards him while gathering all the toys and put him in her arms . He was slightly heavy for her arms to carry but she didn't let it show on her . She hugged him tightly while hiding his face in her chest , away from the hateful eyes of the guards and Zara.

"Are these toys his , or have you stolen them?" Zara asked while picking up a toy.

"I made them for him" She replied .

"I am sorry" Arsal cried .

"I don't know what is happening, but I know my son can never be a thief , so calm down. Your ammi is still here in front of you . I won't let anyone's shadow even come near you okay?" She whispered lovingly.

"There is nothing here" the guard tiredly said after 30 minutes. The whole room which was tidy was now messy , everything was laying around .

"Now if you may excuse us , I want to clean up this mess" Inara said while walking towards the guards .

Zara glared at the Rafiq at his empty words and he lowered his gaze and walked away while uttering a sorry to Zara . They all soon walked out without even bothering to apologize for their mistakes .

Inara looked in her arms , Arsal was still sad . His nose and eyes were pink from all the crying .

"Don't cry please. You are the only person I have . It breaks my heart to see you cry" She told her son while wiping his tear stained cheek from her palms.