CHAPTER 13

After eating dinner both Zayan and Inara made their way towards the room . Inara sat on the bed and patted on the pillow beside her .

"Lay on it. While I sing , I hope you fall asleep"

Zayan quietly followed her words and lay on the pillow while making sure , it was all comfortable for him . Inara covered him with a duvet properly while covering his feet too. It felt very weird and strange to Zayan . It was his first time being tucked in the bed , and the fact that his contract wife was doing it for him made it more weird.

'she is taking this contract thing way too seriously'

Zayan thought while simply not understanding the fact that it wasn't due to the paperwork she had sighed but instead out of sheer love for him.

With that , she entangled her fingers in the hair of her husband and started humming the tune . In no time Zayan felt his eyelashes getting heavy and dozed off. The sweet melody seemed to have taken him in a completely different world . He wanted to just be there happily. He felt secure and calm . Yes , as ironic as it sounds , the mafia boss dealing with guns and blood the whole day was feeling secured by a lullaby , which his wife sang for him.

Inara peeped and stared at Zayan's face to check if he was really sleeping and to her content , he was . She smiled brightly and pecked the corner of his temple softly with a loving smile on her lips. The peck has given immense satisfaction to her heart.

She lay down beside him while putting a pillow in between them . She was blushing almost the whole night while remembering the peck she placed on her husband's temple.

"I can't believe I touched Zayan !"She mumbled .

The whole night she kept thinking about the 7 stages of love , which Zayan told her about .

'I was feeling the excitement which I never felt before. I felt like I was again the 13 year old Inara who was seeing her crush for the first time ever. The excitement and content , I was feeling was something I haven't felt in a long time' Inara thought to herself and closed her eyes while putting a hand on her chest while thinking about all the moments which she and Zayan have spent together. She couldn't believe the actions which she felt were stupid before , were now making her heart race in a fast beat against her chest .

She decided to wake up early in the morning, to cook some food for Zayan.

The morning soon came . The dark sky changed into a light sky blue. The sunlight came inside from the window. For the first time ever , Inara loved these rays of sunshine. She walked downstairs while tying her hair in a bun and started cooking food for Zayan . She loved the thought of Zayan enjoying the food she prepared and complimenting her.

After preparing the food , she smiled and presented it on the plate . In a few moments, Zayan came down while buttoning up his shirt . He was looking in a hurry.

"What happened Zayan ?" She asked him with a concerned look.

"I am going outside Inara. I will come in an hour" He told her and started going outside.

"Can you stay for 10 minutes? I have prepared food for you...just go after eating it" Inara informed him making Zayan turn around and look at her for a few seconds.

"Can the food wait for an hour ?" He asked her and Inara's happy and excited face fell down and she just nodded and Zayan walked out .