CHAPTER 16

Inara woke up with tired eyes . Her feet felt sore and were aching slightly and the dizziness wasn't leaving her either . The sunlight was shining on her eyes indicating the woman that it was morning already, but it was nothing more than a tormenting reminder about how long the journey will be, all alone .

She could barely open her eyes and tears trickled down them missing the comfort of anyone who would support her .

But her throat started to feel heavy and she got up suddenly while making her way hurriedly towards the bathroom . She wanted to cry at the feeling and she threw up the sink . She coughed and her eyes were teary at the uncomfortable feeling. She felt someone rubbing her back . She stopped for a second on her track as a certain scent was engulfing her .

The scent she has missed for a long time . She rinsed her mouth quickly and turned around only to find Zayan behind her catching her by surprise.

"Zayan"she said with a huge smile forming upon her face and the mafia gave her a light nod.

"Yes it's me "

"Wait..but how come you are here ? Weren't you supposed to be in Delhi?" She asked feeling confused.

"I was. But I changed my mind at the last moment. Let's go once you finish breakfast" He told her and she looked at him while the happiness and excitement was still nowhere near dying out in her heart.

"Okay . Let me quickly make a breakfast , what will you like to eat?" She asked him while brushing her hair through her finger and tying them in a bun while using the clutcher on the side.

"I have already prepared breakfast , so let's go downstairs" he told her and she looked at him , still in surprise and nodded.

Today's day was a gift over gift for her.

She walked downstairs only to see the table nicely arranged and sandwiches made with orange juice on the side . She looked at Zayan who awkwardly scratched his nape.

"Look...this was the only thing I know to make"

"It's great" Inara complimented and sat on the chair. It wasn't a very complicated sandwhich . It was filled with cheese slices and freshly chopped vegetables .

She ate a bite and praised Zayan about how delicious it was as if she had never eaten anything more tasty than it. The simple effort from her husband was more than enough for her.

Zayan silently listened to her words while remembering the moment 3 months ago which changed his perspective about her.

FLASHBACK

Zayan's pov

"Okay...so there was this one time , he helped me fix my saree and I felt really shy. Later he even pinned me on wall...I was again shy. He took me to this sweet cafe too . He is very cold towards me but his gestures are sweet . He even petted my head and cupped my face. I don't know how to feel about all this"

As she was saying all this , I was frozen in my place . I remembered all the moments very clearly which she was mentioning and the wierdest part was that , I was the one who did all of this with her.

'Is she is love with me?' I thought but a rush of negative thoughts clouded my brain.

'How can she ever be in love with you ? You are a monster with no feelings who only gives her threats her regarding her father's life'