CHAPTER 7

(𝖶𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀: 𝖲𝖾𝗇𝗌𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝗈𝗉𝗂𝖼 𝗈𝖿 𝗋𝖺𝗉𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝖾𝖽)

Author's pov

After Inara and Augustus left , Zeheb sat on the chair of her clinic and broke into laughter .

"A Girl Can't Do Such Stuff" she mockingly said while laughing at Augustus's words.

"Oh my sweet Gustus , how badly I want to tell you a girl can do more screwed up work than it ?" She mumbled while spinning the crystal paper weight which was on her table.

"And what does that Zayan say ? I will kill that toothfairy? Darling I died 7 years ago . Now it doesn't matter at what age you bury me" she whispered while opening her small mobile type of device . On it , she could see Zayan talking with his men about the incident at their base located at Ladakh.

With a satisfied smile she closed the device and then laid her head on the table.

"Dad...I will make you so proud of me . I will burn the whole empire to shreds" she spat sharply with hatred filled eyes.

FLASHBACK

20 years ago

"Zeheb...do you remember the tale of the tooth fairy?" Shakir asked his daughter . Shakir was a middle aged man with a weak and feeble body frame . His wrists were boney and hardly any fat could be seen in his body . He was a poor farmer who grew tomatoes in his farm . He had 3 children , 2 of them were sons and were the elder siblings and the youngest was her...Zeheb.

This name was decided before her birth . Her father was expecting another son to bless their family but when a daughter was born , he readily accepted her too.  Zeheb was a sweet little girl who helped her father on the farm too while her brothers took the animals to herding .

Her beauty was as natural as the beauty village . Her tan skin resembled the wet mud after the rain . Her innocent doe eyes were like the night sky which shined brightly with innocence and her bread cheeks just added to the cuteness of the 8 year old girl.

Her hair was thick , curly and long and came till her waist line . Her mother used to tightly braid her hair with ribbons. Shakir liked spending time with his daughter and today was one such day again where he was laying on the charpai (cot) with Zeheb laying on his arm.

Unlike the other days , where he felt happiness and relief with his daughter , he was today filled with guilt and sadness.

"Yes baba..I remember the tale" The girl chirped the answer .

"Can you tell it to me ?"

"Of course baba ! When our teeth fall down , we put it under our pillow and at night the toothfairy comes and replaces it with a toffee"

The father felt silent after hearing the tale and then pecked the forehead of his daughter lovingly and held her closer to him own body.

"She doesn't do it for free ?" The father inquired in a clueless voice trying to hide the heavy lump in his throat which he was feeling .

"No baba...she doesn't do it for free . Ma told us right ? Nobody does anything for free" the girl explained to her father while looking at the roof . Her words were too mature for someone of her age but her mother always made sure that Zeheb should know about the cruel reality of life , so that she doesn't learn to be dependent and trust in others easily .