CHAPTER 27

After offering the salah , I asked Allah for the one wish which is still in my heart...My Inara .

I still can't believe that my one journey could ever change so much in my entire life . I haven't seen her face in so many years and my heart aches for her . I can do nothing but just pray.

I was about to go back to sleep , but the door bell rang . I was confused .

Who could be here at such an odd time . I have indeed had guests at all sorts of odd hours of night , but it was in the past when I was still a mafia . Not now .

Ever since I have become just a businessman that thing is gone.

I wore a mask over my face which covered my entire face just excluding the eyes and opened the door .

"Hey boss , I am sorry to disturb you at such an odd hour but you weren't picking up your phone so I thought to come to you" The man said.

"It's fine . Come inside and let's talk peacefully" I told him and led him towards the living room. The area wasn't very big . It had a set of sofas with a table on a big carpet.

This house wasn't decorated. I was still waiting for her to come and decorate every bit of it with her own hands . It was just a house . Just like how my mansion was too, it was she who made it feel like a home .

The man sat down . He was of a short height and a protruded belly . Irfan was my assistant and was certainly very active and capable . But still , a part of me missed doing work with Augustus, Omari and Iyyad . They were like a second family .

I never realised it until I came here . Leaving everything. My money , my company , my mafia work , my family even my name . I stripped myself of my entire existence realising that it was what lead to Inara's dissaparence .

No one said anything clearly . When I returned after the failed mission , I got a letter from her saying that she is leaving me to go to a far away place with her childhood lover , who had came back from the village .

Her family said the same thing too , that indeed she came to them with the lover to greet them one last time before running away from me and my dark life .

But I don't believe it . I never did . I felt it was lies hidden perfectly. I tried to find her using every way I knew but failed .

"Sir , some Omari wants to meet with you. He came at my home asking for some Zayan , and when I told him I don't know any such man , then he asked me who I worked for .

I told him clearly that I worked for Fawad Ahmed Siddiqui, then he said he wants to meet you . I tried to stop him but he didn't listened" He said .

Omari.????

A lot of questions were running through my mind . Omari came to find me ? After all this time ? What could possibly be the reason .

"Where is he ?" I asked.

"Outside . In my car" He told me .

I sighed .

"Send him in" I told him and Irfan headed outside .

I kept sitting inside and waiting for them to return . I was anxious. Did they fine Inara ? Or have dad found me ?

"Mr Fawad , he's here " Irfan's voice stripped me of my thoughts. I looked up and found Omari staring at me . I was wearing a mask yet I could feel him seeing through it .