CHAPTER 20

"So...how much has Ayan told you about me?" Inara asked Zayan to make sure she offered a clear explanation. Before Zayan knows her current situation, he needs to know her past.

Zayan was silent , trying to remember the details but he found nothing special. He just knew that Inara was a college dropout who needed money for her father's operation.

"Well I just know that your family fell ill and you needed money . Nothing else" Zayan told her.

"So...you don't know about how me and Ayan are connected ?" She asked cluelessly.

"He is your old friend...perhaps. I don't know . He never told me that clearly , he always said you two are pretty close so I assumed it's friendship only" Zayan simply said while opening the polyethylene of food and carefully arranging the containers which had the food.

From the side , he pulled out two aluminium plates which he got from the small restaurant to put the food.

"So you basically know nothing?" She asked and Zayan shook his head while putting the rotis on the plate making Inara shake her head in disbelief. He was so focused on eating the food .

"Introduce yourself to me darling" Zayan told her while taking a bite of the roti with the delicious butter paneer .

He offered her a bite of food from his hand and she looked at it for a few seconds and then hesitantly took it.

"Start" Zayan told her and she quickly chewed the food.

"I am Inara Hussain . I used to live in a village . One day , one of my father's old friends fell very ill and all he wanted was me to find his daughter . She was very young around 7 years old at that time , and to pay off debt he sold her off to a rich family.

He later regretted it and went to meet the family with the money to take his daughter back after one year , but the man brutally sent him off. He wanted me to go back to the city and find that man and convince him to atleast let Shakir uncle see his daughter before he passes away .

So I came to the city , but found that the family died long ago . I told my father who informed it to Shakir uncle , who fell more ill in this sadness . On the other hand , my father told me that when I have come here , I should actually make the best of it and enroll in the college.

I tried and passed the entrance exam . I was the second highest scorer in my entire college , but life doesn't always stay the same. My father's kidney failed suddenly and I called him to the city .

I was left with no choice but to leave my study and do jobs . Ayan who was my batchmate once saw me in a store and asked about it all . We had talked earlier , while working on a group project . I explained it all to him. He told me that he will give me a loan if that's the case and I can repay him whenever I get money .

Fast forward one year.  One day he called me to his office and I went , where he offered me the contract marriage offer. After all that , he also confessed that urm..."she awkwardly stopped her tale not knowing what to say . Zayan offered her another bite of food so that she could think while eating.

"He likes you?" Zayan asked. He understood the awkward pause and Inara gave a nod while passing him her phone where the present texts were present.

"Now he is getting it all in the wrong way . I was very clear from the very start but he thinks I used him" Inara said with a sigh while Zayan silently read the texts .

His blood boiled as he saw how Ayan was trying to pursue his wife and how he was using her situation against her.

"So he is calling you now. For what?" Zayan asked.