BONUS CHAPTER

Inara's pov

I reached the house and let out a deep breath . It was a house , I always wanted to live in , and in the past years . I dreamt myself being here countless times with Zayan .

"Is it our house?" Arsal asked and I gave a slight nod . He ran away upstairs while happily giggling . We lived in a small apartment and he never saw such a big house , except when it was in movies.

I removed the thick curtains , revealing the huge forest behind them. I still remember getting scared for the first time when I was here seeing that , but I was surprised to see it is now , a garden , with well managed plants . Although most trees are the same way and aren't cut, they were trimmed .

"I thought you will like it once you come back" Zayan said while coming from behind. He was outside , bringing the stuff in with the servants.

My heart warmed up at the thought that he had so much certainity that I will be back, even when I went away without a clue.

"What if I didn't? Wouldn't you feel sad that all your efforts went to waste" I asked him. He just came towards me and his hand wrapped upon my waist holding me gently .

"I was sure you will be back . I just didn't knew the timing. I prayed tahajjud for you , went to hajj and so many other things — I knew my rabb wouldn't ignore my pleadings . If not now , I knew he will unite us in akhirah and either way . Either way , any efforts towards you wouldn't be waste, I enjoyed the process of doing it" Zayan said , and it caught me off by surprise.

He was kind and slightly sweet the last time I saw him . He was just like a kid finding his way in the crowd . But this Zayan in front of me was a whole man.

I felt shy and I just laughed at his words to deal with the shyness .

"You surely got the way of talking" I smiled while holding my cheek with my palm to calm down the burning sensation I felt in them.

"I have to get that , because I got such a pretty wife. Can't let her go unappreciated " He cheekily said.

For a moment, I really forgot that we were away from each other . Everything felt at place again , as if we had just put our lives on a pause , and resumed it after all this time.

He came near my face to peck forehead, but a voice interrupted ,

"AMMI BABA ! THERE IS A RABBIT UPSTAIRS" he happily exclaimed and Zayan quickly backed off and I bit back a smile.

"Okay-Baba will follow you upstairs . I will be checking the kitchen to see what I can prepare for you guys" i said and before I could go to prepare food , Zayan held my arm.

"I would have stopped you from cooking today , if I didn't missed your cooking this much . So just make something simple only , don't take a toll on yourself " Zayan told me and I just gave a nod.

Arsal held the finger of Zayan and dragged him upstairs happily .

I went to kitchen to cook the food , and my eyes fell on the books which were in the side shelf . They belonged to Zayan and in them I could recognise one of my favourite books of all time.

I ignored that and started preparing the food . I decided to make some tehri with chicken today .

As the food was getting prepared , I couldn't hold my curiousity and walked towards the shelf and picked the book up.