CHAPTER 17

After eating dinner both Inara and I made our way towards the room . Inara sat on the bed and patted on the pillow beside her .

"Lay on it. While I sing , I hope you fall asleep"

I quietly followed her words and laid on the pillow . Inara covered me with a duvet properly while covering my feet too which were uncovered. It felt very weird and strange to me .

It was my very first time being tugged on bed ever since my childhood.  Needless to say I didn't know what to feel.

'she is taking this contract thing way too seriously.  I can understand she likes me a bit , but that doesn't bind her to do such things for me"

With that , she entangled her fingers in my hair and started humming the tune . In no time I felt my eyelashes getting heavy and dozed off.

This was the relief I needed but then I felt a soft flesh upon my temple , my heart . I wasn't in a deep sleep and woke up due to it .

'My heart' I put a hand on it as it was beating hard against my chest.

'am I ill?'

"I can't believe I touched Zayan !"She mumbled .

I stayed silent and was awake the whole night , thinking about all of it carefully.

The morning soon came . The dark sky changed into a light sky blue. The sunlight came inside from the window. I noticed how Inara jumped out of the bed in joy.

While she was downstairs, I went to get ready to take her on a date. If she felt so special by such a small gesture of mine then let it be.

I decided to get dressed in a proper attire and combed my wet hairs backwards .

*Tring*

*Tring*

I looked beside my bed , only to find it was Zara's call . I rolled my eyes not wanting to talk with anyone this early.

"Hello Zara"

"Hey Zayan...please come to the airport. I have a lot to talk with you on the way moreover I don't know the way to here too" Zara told me.

"Can't I send a guard?" I asked.

"You don't have guards there uptil now so just come here"She said and I scoffed and cut the call.

'Great , so now the only plan I made for Inara is cancelled'

I walked downstairs .

"What happened Zayan ?" She asked me with a concerned look.

"I am going outside Inara. I will come in an hour" I told her .

"Can you stay for 10 minutes? I have prepared food for you...just go after eating it" Inara informed him making Zayan turn around and look at her for a few seconds.

'It won't hurt ' I thought but the phone in the silent mode started to ring in my pocket . I knew it was Zara.

"Can the food wait for an hour ?" I asked her . I didn't wanted to ruin the plan but it wasn't something I can help . Zara throws tantrums like anything and I wanted to know what's the piece of information she got . I hope it's something useful about that Toothfairy.