CHAPTER 26

Zayan's pov

I spent my time chatting with Inara and asking her to go back to her parents'house till I came back , but she didn't want to . She wanted to stay here and wanted to mend things between my mother her and her , despite my various attempts of making her give up .

"Look—" I was wearing my coat and she stared at me , giving her whole attention to me .

"Spend some time with mom till you can , and if you can't , just go back to your parents'house . Ask Issac , he will drop you home " I told her about my personal driver before too.

He was a trusted man . How could I not trust someone who had taken a bullet for me . Even though it was on his shoulder it still meant a lot.

"When you come back, I have a lot I want to do with you" she told me while her fingers wrapped around my wrist .

She really didn't want me to go.

I decided to delay it , either way I was going by my private jet . I sat while entangled our fingers together silently not saying anything.

Twenty minutes later, she coughed. Once, twice and then five more times.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, it is a little cold suddenly " she said and went into a coughing fit.

"I'll get water"

I ran downstairs to my room. I came back with a bottle of water.

"You're not well, Inara?" I said. I don't know if I wanted to leave her.

She coughed again and had some water.

I touched her forehead.

"You don't have a fever, I said.

"I'm exhausted suddenly I guess" She awkwardly replied.

"Should I postpone it?" I said. I felt guilty about leaving her again.

"No. Just go fast and come back quickly. The faster you go , the sooner you come"

She had a coughing fit again, this time more violent.

"You sure you will be okay alone?" I said.

She smiled.

"Ofcourse . I will be just fine in no time , I guess it's one of those pregnancy things " she said.

"Fine , I will still send Mehar and Sehar to take care of you . Don't sleep alone and keep them with yourself in every situation "

"Hmm" She mumbled .

"Stay here , don't come to see me off" I told her and walked away , but not before placing a peck on her lips. For a moment our lips locked together.

I pulled away with a soft smile and caressed her hair .

"In case of any emergency or anything, just drop me a call okay ?"

"Hmm"

I then left to meet mom and others .

Dad was silent while he gave me a determined look as if saying 'Get this mission done successfully' , my mom was silent on the side with slight sadness.