VIII- 'Because'

You clicked on upload, your hands shaking slightly.

You had covered 'Because' by Changbin and Felix a few days ago, and had finally decided to upload it. This would be the first time you covered a stray kids song, and it was terrifying to know that the people who created the song would probably hear it.

Immediately after, you switched to insta and put up a story, notifying your followers that you had uploaded a new video.

You looked at the growing number of followers.
'993k', pretty soon you would hit 1 million.

It was crazy how far you'd come since uploading for the first time only last year.

You shut off all your devices, and went to take a quick nap.

_____________

@user1: SKZ SONG!!!

@user2: her voice is literally so pretty

@user3: ahh true comfort is listening to Y/N sing

@user5: IK FOR A FACT CHANS GONNA HEAR THIS

@user6: skz x yn comeback when??

@user7: such a gorgeous cover <3

@user8: bro summoned an entire fandom

@user9: felix and yn comebackkk

@user10: her voice fits so well with this song its insane

@user11: chan was right when he said she's good

_____

You giggled at the comments. Your video had been up for almost 5 hours and had already gotten 3.6 Million views.

You had just woken up from your 'nap' to the insane amount of support you were getting.

A notification popped up at the top of your screen, it was chan. You clicked on it.

__________________________________________

Channie 🐺🖤
i watched the new cover, it
was wonderful.

thanku :<

Channie 🐺🖤
Your voice is so soothing
i was listening to it on repeat

AHAHA STOPP
i love that song sm tho

Channie 🐺🖤
You didn't sing it for a
certain someone, did you?

I might have

Channie 🐺🖤
i see
felix is listening to it rn
he loves it :)

my god that means alot 😭
i was just reading the comments
stays like it too
im glad :)

Channie 🐺🖤
they're asking for a collab
what do you say y/n?

i would say pinch me
cuz that seems unreal.

Channie 🐺🖤
well
i have been working on something
you wanna hear?

yes of course 😭

Channie 🐺🖤 would like to video call..

You picked up, and Chan's smiling face popped up on your phone. He was in his studio.

"Hello!" He waved, and turned the camera slightly.

Sitting on his couch was Felix, with his headphones on, looking down at his phone and nodding his head slightly

"Oh my god, say hi!" You said, tucking a strand of hair behind your back as Chan turned to Felix

"Oy, Y/N says hi" He said, making Felix look up from his phone and take his headphones off, he looked at Chan's phone and smiled, grabbing it.

Your screen shifted to Felix.

"Oh Y/N, its so good to finally talk to you" He said.

"You too, i hope you liked the cover" You smiled at him

"Oh it was wonderful! Thank you for showing our song so much love."

"Its one if my favourites, thank you for making it" You smiled.

"Hey, we should definitely talk more. If you ever get annoyed of Channie, text me." He said

"I'll keep that in mind" You giggled, when you heard Chan's voice in the background

"Okay let me talk to her!" He whined

Felix turned to him, "Alright you big baby, no ones taking her away."

You laughed, and Felix said bye before handing the phone back to Chan.

Chan placed his phone on his table, giving you a view of his hands typing something on his laptop. You couldn't help but stare at his fingers, you had a weird attraction to his hands.

"Alright, listen to this." He said, clicking on a beat on his laptop.

The sound of drums filled your ear, and you bopped your head to the addicting music.

"Ooh i really like the drums in the background, can you make them louder?" You said, humming to the beat of the music.

Chan nodded, adjusting the music a bit before playing it back to you.

The two of you listened in silence, and his face grew into a wide grin

"Thats an improvement. You have a good ear"

You smiled, proud of yourself. The one thing you always had was music. No one could deny the fact that you were extremely talented.

"Y/N, do you have original demos?" Chan asked, turning his full attention to you.

"Yeah i do. I have so many things i wish i could work on. Some real potential pieces" You replied, the two of you were immediately geeking out at your shared passion

"Do you ever plan on releasing them?"

"When the time is right, and if i ever get the chance"

"I'd love to hear sometimes, if you dont mind" His geniune interest in your music made you happy.

"I'll share some stuff with you then." You grinned at him, "Let me know what you think."

He nodded.

"You seem tired." You said, yawning

"You're the one that seems tired!" He teased

"Hey, It's 1 am here already. Im allowed to be tired" You yawned again, making Chan laugh.

"Go to sleep, Y/N."

You shook your head, "Im fine, dont worry. Tell me how your day was."

"Well, it was fun. We checked out this new location for filming, tomorrow.." Chan stopped talking, smiling softly.
".. And you're asleep."

He watched you lay on your bed, your eyes closed and your face, peaceful. You were breathing audibly, confirming that you were in fact asleep.

"Goodnight, beautiful" He whispered, snapping a quick screenshot of you.

After, he cut the call, getting up himself to go and get some sleep.

__________________________________________