XXIII- So long

@yeonjunshairx
BABYGIRL
WHERE R U

hiiiiiii
im in the car
going to jyp

@yeonjunshairx
omg slay
how are things goingg

bro ive been spending
entire nights
producing w chan
and entire mornings
producing at JYP

@yeonjunshairx
😭😭😭😭😭

UHM ALSO
I MET JULIANNA YESTERDAY.
___________________________________________

"Who's julianna?" Chan asked, peeping into your phone. You guys were in the car, on the way to work.

"She's our friend. Me, Ahn and her are a trio, i mean, were a trio"

"Oohh, what happened?" Chan said, intrigued by your choice of words.

"Well Ahn and her.. they started dating and a few months after that she told us she was moving back to Korea."

"Oh no!" Chan gushed, listening to you with every bit off attention.

"Yeah i know!" You exclaimed, "It was super messy, she and Ahn aren't on really good terms now."

You continued talking to Ahn, filling her in on everything and asking her to come meet you in Korea soon.

Chan continued reading your chats, and you let him. After all, he was one of your closest friends and there was very little he didn't know about you.

When you reached the JYP building unfortunately, the two of you had to part ways. You assured Chan you would be fine working in the lounge. After all, you needed to edit yesterday's vlog.
__

You made yourself comfortable at a table and pulled out your laptop. You began editing.

You didn't notice the minutes passing by, too engrossed in your work to even look up until..

"Look who i found!"

You eyes shot up at the proximity of the sound, but immediately relaxing when you saw who it was. "Oh hello!"

Toshi walked to your table with two cups of coffee in his hand. He placed one in front of you, and you shot him a grateful smile.

"Whatsup?" He said, sitting down on the chair beside you.

"Oh nothing, im just editing a vlog."

"Can i see?" He ran his fingers through his long hair, pushing it back.

"Of course!" You said, moving your laptop slightly towards him.

"Oh so you're a youtuber?" He tilted his head, observing the compilation of clips on your laptop.

You nodded, "Im here working on my debut song"

"You sing too?" He laughed, "Talk about talent."

You blushed, "Thank you"

"So.. You're being represented by JYP?" He was full of questions, taking a long sip of his drink.

"Represented by JYP?" You tilted your head, a confused expression on your face.

"Yeah" Toshi replied. He was quick to realise that you didn't know what he meant. "Its like this programme JYP runs, where they basically sign an artist to their company."

"Like.. without any training period?"

He nodded, "Kind of like a records label deal. You sign a contract and everything and you can use JYP resources"

"Oh wow!" You exclaimed, "I didn't even know that was a thing."

He laughed at your suprise, "Its usually for people who produce for other groups and independently at the same time."

"I see" You muttered, "Well enough about that, tell me a little bit more about you!"

You smiled at him. Toshi was the first person that had approached you here, and you were curious to know more about him.

"Ahh, well" He scratched his cheek, suddenly turning shy. "Im Japanese. I came here when i was 17 ish after passing an audition in Japan-"

"Wait, why did you audition?" You asked, you knew damn well that all the extremely talented idols had crazy audition stories.

"To be honest, this girl i liked told me to do it." He laughed, making you laugh too, "And i never saw her after that. "

"Nooo thats so sad!"

"Ehh, its okay. I guess, i've been a trainee for 7 years."

"Oh wow! Thats a really long time." You commented, "Why havent-"

"Y/N?"

You turned your head, at the same time as Toshi. Chan stood at the entrance. One of his hands was in his pocket, the other holding onto the strap of his backpack.

He looked.. Upset? Angry? Annoyed?

"Chris!" You smiled, waving him over.

"This is the friend you're here with?" Toshi hissed.

You sensed a weird undertone in his voice. He sounded almost scared.

"Do you guys know each other?" You turned from Toshi to Chan, who now stood right beside you.

"Oh just.. vaguely." Toshi replied, a little too quickly

"What are you doing here.. With him?" Chan gestured to Toshi with his chin, his jaw clenched.

You furrowed your eyebrows at his tone, "What- Whats going on?"

Chan didn't reply, instead glaring at the man sitting beside you.

"I- i should go." Toshi said, getting up, "Bye bye, Y/N."

"Uh.. Bye?" Your gaze followed him as he grabbed his drink off the table and walked away.

"Its time to go home." Chan said, "Come on."

You shut down your laptop, "What was that all about?"

Chan sighed, helping you pack up your stuff

"I dont like that guy." He grumbled.

"Why?" You tilted your head.

"Its a long story, Y/N." He said, as the two of you walked out the building.

"We have time" You probed him further, desperate to know what the backstory of that weird interaction was.

"Dont worry about it" Chan sighed, and you couldn't ask him about it any more because all the members stood waiting for you.

You jumped right into the group, and you never got to ask Chan more.