Venom

Time and time again, I've pondered the curious circumstances that brought me to this point. How did I end up here? How did I acquire these extraordinary friends? The answers might surprise you. I am a shapeshifting hero whose path is intertwined with that of a seemingly ordinary, scrawny boy named Peter Parker. I had observed him, watched over him since childhood, and now, unbelievably, we find ourselves attending the same school. It's a revelation I struggled to accept at first.

When I received that peculiar letter, I walked with Peter. He kindly offered to accompany me home, but I replied enigmatically, "I live where my heart is." I slipped away before he could inquire further, leaving him puzzled. Little did he know I lingered in his backyard, hidden in the shadows, observing him from the trees and the rippling pools of moonlight.

As I sat perched in the shadows, the distant sounds of music and chatter filled the air. Suddenly, my attention was drawn to something in the sky. At first, it appeared as a speck, but as it drew nearer, I recognized it as a dove, its feathers as white as freshly fallen snow. The dove gracefully descended towards me, and I extended a slender hand, offering it a perch. Its claws delicately dug into my hand as it landed.

I noticed a letter clutched in its beak. Confusion washed over me, as I had no remaining family to send me anything. Nevertheless, I accepted the letter, and with a gentle chirp, the dove took flight and disappeared into the distance.

Curious and trepidation, I stared intently at the white paper before tearing it open. Carefully, I unfolded the supple letter, written in handwriting I recognized as Phil Coulson's. Narrowing my eyes, I began to read the contents.

"Dear Emberwing, Agent Phil Coulson, I offer you a spot at Midtown High. You've undoubtedly heard of it. Since you're excelling in your hero training, Fury and I thought you could go undercover as a student, just like Parker. Hope to see you on Monday. 

 — Greetings, A.C."

I had little choice but to join Peter at school the following day. I explained the letter to him, and he was thrilled at the prospect of having me by his side. Our friends—our newfound family—would be there too, so he wouldn't feel alone.

After all, I thought attending a mortal school could be a fascinating experience. A bit of learning never hurts anyone.

Little did I know the trials and challenges that awaited me, testing not only my abilities as a hero but also my understanding of the complexities of mortal life.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Parker and I found ourselves in Harry's estate, surrounded by a bustling crowd, yet I couldn't quite feel the excitement. I stayed close to Ava in the corner, sensing a peculiar tension. Suddenly, a strange growl echoed through the room, and Peter was thrown down the stairs.

My instincts immediately kicked in, my eyes narrowing and claws instinctively extending. However, I quickly remembered that we couldn't reveal our heroic abilities in front of many witnesses. We needed to find a discreet place to shift.

"Ember, what's wrong?" Luke asked, sensing my unease. I hissed, nudging toward the dark figure looming down the stairs. Determination surged within me, and I charged at the unknown entity, my claws fully extended as I transformed into my hero suit. Thanks to my dragon's magic, I no longer cared if anyone saw me; they couldn't.

As a dragon, I could conceal my true nature indefinitely. I could choose when to reveal or hide my draconic form at will.

My claws sliced through the creature's chest, causing it to screech in pain before detaching from its host. A flash caught my attention as it fell, but I snorted dismissively, knowing better than to let anything unknown touch me. You never know what it might be capable of.

"Stay away from it!" Peter yelled, and I landed just in front of him. "Power Man, Iron Fist, we'll take this to the roof. Get Peter there," I commanded, and the two boys nodded in understanding. Nova unleashed a blast at the goo, which had latched onto another unsuspecting host, someone unfamiliar to me.

I sneered, taunting the creature, "Come on and get me." It hissed in response, its eyes glowing white and a long, strange tongue whipping around as its claws reached out, attempting to grasp me. I leaped away, executing a somersault to evade its reach. "Mr. Osborn, get them out of here!" I called out to Harry, who had been standing and watching the fight unfold.

Meeting my hooded gaze, Harry nodded before quickly ushering his guests, including MJ, to safety.

We managed to lure the black goo to the roof and began our relentless assault. The goo shifted from one host to another, constantly adapting and evading our attacks. Eventually, it found its way to me, latching onto my body. Everything went black for a moment, and then I heard voices echoing in my head, their insidious whispers tempting me. "Let me in, please... hiss. You won't regret it, my love."

I recoiled and roared, my dragon instincts yearning to take shape and burn the goo from within. But I knew that if I entirely transformed, I would endanger everyone around me, crushing the building we stood on. My black suit concealed my true identity, making it impossible for others to recognize me.

With great effort, I shook off the influence of the goo, but it swiftly leaped onto Spider-Man. Horror filled me as I watched him hunch over, growing in size beyond what I thought possible. He began lashing out at the team, showing no mercy, and when his eyes glanced in my direction, I could sense the loss of recognition, a chilling reminder of the danger we faced.

I leaped towards Harry and MJ, desperately trying to shield them from Spider-Man—now transformed into Venom—as he charged relentlessly. Snarling, I prepared to face the onslaught, fully aware that a single strike of Venom's goo could be disastrous.

But then, something unexpected happened. Venom halted, his hot breath brushing against my face. I opened my eyes to meet his gaze, the creature's raspy voice tingling in my ears. "Why..." it hissed, its tone filled with confusion and enmity. Baring my fangs, my mask revealing the lower half of my face while concealing my eyes, I responded, "Because you cannot hurt your friends, Spider-Man."

My words seemed to awaken a flicker of recognition within him. Spider-Man fought against the grip of the symbiote, struggling to regain control. The battle between him and Venom intensified, their forms contorting and shattering as they clashed. A bolt of lightning from a nearby mast struck Venom in a final strike, causing the creature to dissipate into nothingness.

The threat had been defeated, and Spider-Man stood before us, battered but freed from the grip of the symbiote. We took a collective breath, grateful that our friend had been saved from the darkness that had consumed him.

"Good to have you back," I whispered, my voice filled with relief and genuine warmth. I wrapped my arm around Spider-Man, feeling the weight of his hug as he buried his head into my neck. I stiffened momentarily, unsure how to respond, but then I relaxed, allowing him to cling to me. As our friends conversed with the Osborns, I offered Peter comfort as a whispered reassurance.

"Shh, you'll be fine," I murmured into his ear, pressing my nose against his temple, letting my scent envelop him. I understood that this ordeal must have been incredibly challenging for him. But now he was back with us and wouldn't be going anywhere. We would face whatever challenges came our way together, united as a team.