Strange

1x13

Even after the strange evening, I had managed to recover and was now back at school. However, I had fallen asleep and had a nightmare. Blood was flowing around me, and the bodies of my friends were scattered everywhere. All I could do was stare at them.

A voice swept over me, and I could feel my body changing. "You did this, Smog. You're the reason your friends are dead."

I crumpled up and screamed as the pain of flames burned me, recoiling when I heard Spider-Man's voice. "Why did you let this happen? You could have saved us." I shook it off, and then I heard another voice, much softer. "Smaug, it's okay; come back to us." I squeezed my eyes shut, but the voice persisted, and eventually, I opened them to find myself in the classroom. Danny was next to me, a hand on my shoulder, with Peter standing behind him.

"Did I dream?" I asked. Danny nodded, standing upright. Peter came over to us, and I stood up. I looked around; everyone was asleep. I also noticed a strange smell in the air. "This isn't normal. What happened?" Danny sighed, and we left the classroom. "There's only one man who can answer your questions, Smaug. Come on," he said, and we wore our superhero costumes. Spidey hopped onto his Spidey bike, and I flew after them.

We arrived at an old, dilapidated house. I landed in front of the gate and growled softly; the scent in the air indicated strange magic. "You're not telling me your friend lives here, are you?" Spider-Man asks, and I turn to Iron Fist, who nods. "Hyun lives here. Come on." He walks towards the door, and suddenly, instead of a mansion, there's a mansion. I blink in surprise.

Strange magic, indeed.

We stepped inside, and I saw numerous peculiar artifacts scattered around, along with whole bodies in various positions. It was overwhelming and beyond my usual understanding, even though I am magic. "You shouldn't believe everything you know," a voice said, and out of the darkness emerged a man with a goatee and clear blue eyes. His long hair was neatly styled, and he exuded charm. "Dr. Strange, namaste," Iron Fist greeted him.

Dr. Strange nodded at the blonde hero and then turned to Spider-Man. "A skeptic, this is the best you could bring me, Iron Fist," he said. I growled softly, catching Dr. Strange's attention. "A dragon, huh?" My wings fluttered slightly, and my tail swayed. "Yes, I am a dragon. So what?" I replied curtly.

The man stared at me, his eyes anything but friendly, holding his gaze for a long moment.

"Well, a friend of Iron Fist is a friend of mine. Let's hurry; we don't have much time," he said, walking through a door. Spider-Man and I followed, with Iron Fist by our side. Dr. Strange stopped by a basin of clear water, waving his hands over it, and eerie mist rose, forming a menacing face. I raised my head, my own eyes glowing. "Don't be afraid. Good," Dr. Strange reassured. "This is Nightmare. He has the power to manipulate your nightmares, and he feeds on fear." I blinked, and the image of Nightmare vanished.

Spider-Man snorted in disdain.

"It all this talk of magic makes no sense," he said, walking over and sitting on a strange, thorny-formed chair. Dr. Strange gave Danny a disappointed look. "Is this the best you could give me?" Danny shrugged his shoulders. "They looked like the best options and were the ones I could awaken." Dr. Strange sighed, running a hand over his face before gesturing towards me. I felt something strange pass over me, and I instinctively wrapped my wings around myself, staring at the magician.

"Don't worry, Smaug. You possess a great deal of magic," he said. I blinked my eyes, which now only showed streaks across my face. "I am magic, Dr. Strange," I said confidently. Dr. Strange lowered his head, acknowledging my words.

"Well, the only way we can overcome Nightmare is in his realm. Be careful where you look or step, as everything you see is a product of fear. But stay close," he warned. Suddenly, something glowed beneath us, and before we knew it, we were in a... well, strange world. We stood on one of many bridges or stone pathways, surrounded by numerous doors. An evil, chilling laughter echoed throughout the realm, and I spotted a thin and eerie man sitting on a black horse with a mane of flames and glowing red eyes. I narrowed my eyes, recognizing him as Nightmare, and bared my teeth. The man on the horse laughed again and dismounted.

"You align yourself with unbelievers, Dr. Strange. You have grown weak and foolish in your days," Nightmare snarled, and Dr. Strange raised his hands in defense. "They may be unbelievers, but they are stronger than you," he said. Nightmare chuckled and conjured a flaming black sword, pointing it toward me. "The girl is the final piece I need. Give her to me, and I will spare the rest of the world, untouched and alive. Refuse, and you will not wake from this Nightmare," he threatened. I growled and unsheathed my claws. "I am nobody's to be given or taken, Nightmare. You shall feel my power," I snapped. Nightmare laughed and moved closer.

"Little dragon, you only tap into half of your power. Join me, surrender yourself to me, and you shall experience true power," he said softly, leaning closer. His eyes glowed. Filled with anger, I swung my arm, slashing my claws across Nightmare's chest, leaving wounds. He staggered backward and smirked. "You cannot harm me here, little dragon. I am stronger in my realm," he taunted. His wounds healed over, and he swung his sword. I quickly leaped back, narrowly avoiding being burned by its heat.

"Leave her alone!" Spider-Man shouted, shooting webs at the repulsive man. He swung his sword, cutting through the webbing with ease. "You have nothing against me, unbeliever. Your little treasure will be mine," he sneered. He disappeared briefly before his horse transformed into a giant spider. I shuddered, having an aversion to insects. I flapped my wings and lifted myself above the combatants, summoning flames in my hands. I launched several fireballs at Nightmare, hitting him multiple times, but he brushed them off. However, the spiders he summoned were not as fortunate as they were engulfed in flames. I weaved in between my friends, protecting them, until finally, I was left standing.

I saw only shades of yellow and red, and I heard a mighty roar as my true self emerged. I landed on the stone pathway, causing it to tremble under my weight. Nightmare backed away, and my friends stared at me in awe as I arched my neck and spread my wings. A tremendous roar shook the world.

"You can never defeat the dragon, Nightmare. You shall burn!" I snarled and pounced on him. My jaws closed around him, and he screamed as I squeezed. "Enough!" he tried to say, but I cut him off by pressing him far away. He crashed through several doors but eventually landed in a shattered heap at the end of the pathway. I landed in front of him, and my friends landed behind me. I leaned in close to the repulsive creature that was Nightmare and hissed softly, "You can never control the dragon, and you will never threaten her friends. You shall burn, as I promised, for I am death, I am fire." I opened my jaws, and flames erupted, consuming Nightmare until he was no more.

I turned to my friends and transformed back into my human form. I slumped down, feeling drained. Spider-Man approached me and helped me up. "I didn't expect it to take so much out of me," I said, leaning against the hero. He wrapped his arms around me, offering support. Dr. Strange and Iron Fist approached us. "I underestimated you," he said, looking at Spider-Man. "Both of you. I apologize. But let's get back now." And soon, we were back home again.