For Your Eye Only

1x16

As I returned home last night, the entire city seemed to be marked by the presence of Spider-Man. He had been tirelessly searching for me, leaving his mark throughout the house and extending his search beyond, throughout the city's vast expanse. However, my encounter with him had taken an unexpected turn. While making my way home, I managed to apprehend him playfully as he swung by a park. We engaged in a brief, lighthearted interaction, exchanging hugs and engaging in other trivialities before continuing.

We find ourselves en route to Spider-Man's training session with the formidable Fury. As is often the case, we are running behind schedule. My current form that of a powerful dragon, allows me to circle the helicarrier, contemplating whether or not to transform into a human. However, an inexplicable reluctance pervades me, as my draconic form possesses an overwhelming strength at this moment.

Amid my thoughts, a sudden realization grips me. I notice an absence atop the carrier's roof, where ordinarily, SHIELD staff would be stationed. I cannot quite place it, but there is something amiss in the air—a scent that eludes recognition, musky and unfamiliar. With a low growl from within me, I allow myself to descend and gracefully land before Spider-Man, spreading my formidable wings protectively.

"Stay where you are," I snarl with a commanding ferocity directed towards a man adorned in a distinctive red and white suit, whose presence feels unpredictable and potentially threatening.

The man before me smirked with arrogance, crossing his arms defiantly. "Do you think I'm scared of you, Dragonfire? You and your little friend are nothing compared to Zodiac," he taunted, his voice dripping with contempt. I took a moment to sniff the air, attempting to discern his scent. It held a faint trace of familiarity yet distinctly differed from the smell of Nick Fury.

"Moreover," he continued, his tone filled with dark satisfaction, "there's no need to fight us. Your precious director is dead." The words hit me like a lightning bolt, jolting me into full attention. Fury, deceased? The news shook me to my core, momentarily overshadowing the presence of the Zodiac threat.

In a surge of anger, I swiftly reacted, my razor-sharp claws slashing across the chest of the nearest soldier. He crumpled to the ground, lifeless. Baring my formidable fangs at the leader, I growled fiercely, my voice dripping with vicious rage. "Nick Fury cannot be dead, you ignorant mortal! Now, tell me where everyone is, or your comrades won't be the only ones meeting their demise," I snapped, my voice laced with chilling intensity.

Surprisingly, a flicker of fear danced across the leader's face, his arrogance waning in the face of my overwhelming presence. Just then, I saw Spider-Man swiftly dispatching another Zodiac soldier, his acrobatic prowess shining through. "Keep going, Dragonfire! We need to infiltrate the carrier!" he called out, his voice stubborn and determined, as he deftly evaded the incoming Zodiac assailants.

With renewed determination, I acknowledged Spider-Man's call; my attention laser-focused on the task. The fight against Zodiac had intensified, and we needed to enter the carrier to confront the looming threat.

After defeating the Zodiac soldiers, Spider-Man and I crawled through a narrow vent, making our way stealthily. I sniffed the air, sensing a change in our surroundings, and instinctively folded my wings tightly against my body. "Any idea where we need to go?" I inquired, my voice barely above a whisper, as Spider-Man suddenly stopped.

"No, but just follow this vent," he replied, his voice filled with uncertainty. I nodded in acknowledgment, my sharp claws gripping the edges of the vent as we continued our cautious progression. In a calm tone, I heard Spider-Man mutter, "I can't believe Nick's dead."