Rise of the Goblin [Pt.2]

One thing I've always struggled with is my anger. One minute, I'm as calm as a river; the next, I burn with fury to the bone. Right now, I'm angrier than I've ever been. The Goblin I thought I had defeated, more drowned than killed, is back and now more vital than ever.

He attacked Midtown High, and though we managed to get Harry to the Helicarrier, it didn't do anything against this green monster. I can feel my dragon within me, akin to Smaug, calling out to tear that jerk apart and leave him for the crows, but I must restrain myself. He's someone's father, Harry's father, my friend. I can't go around killing him.

However, I can wound him. The scratches I gave him weeks ago haven't fully healed and stand out, even beneath his new clothes.

"Rah!" I roar in agony as his goblin glider hits my wing, causing me to tumble to the carrier's floor. My head jars and my anger grows by the second. Spiderman and the rest of my team rush over, with Spidey helping me to my feet. "Are you alright?" he asks, but I shudder at his touch because I know it will burn him. He yelps and draws his hands back as my heat flashes.

"I... I'm fine," I promise, but the truth is, I'm not. I'm about to explode in anger, and I don't know how long I can keep this under control.

As the chaos unfolded, Smaug, the mighty and fiery dragon, found herself amid a fierce battle with a taunting goblin. The Goblin's words struck a nerve, and in a fit of anger, she unleashed a blazing fireball at him, demonstrating the true might of her monstrous nature. "Never call me a monster, you feel!" she snarled, her eyes ablaze with hazy red fury.

With determination, Smaug lunged at the Goblin, but the creature was cunning and managed to counter her attack. He threw her against the wall of the carrier, and she hit her head hard, momentarily dazing her. However, her resilience and strength pushed her to keep fighting, even as the Goblin's presence tore at her mind.

Despite the pain and confusion, Smaug knew she had to maintain focus and composure. Her team called out for her, fearing for her safety, as they witnessed her fierce struggle with the Goblin. But her attention was fixed on the impending disaster— the carrier hurtled towards the Hudson River, and a crash seemed inevitable.

As the carrier descended rapidly, the impact with the water was imminent. Bracing herself for the impact, Smaug felt the force of the crash and the water rushing in through broken windows. Her scaly skin hissed and reacted to the contact with the water, but she had no time to attend to the pain.

Amidst the chaos, Smaug sensed that the Goblin was still close by, and despite her weakened state, she knew she had to defeat him to protect her team. The Goblin's words echoed in her mind, mocking her, and she vowed to show him the true extent of her power.

The Goblin seized Smaug by the throat, holding her tightly and taunting her about their dire circumstances. But instead of showing fear, Smaug's determination grew more robust, and a defiant smirk appeared beneath her mask. She couldn't understand why her fiery skin wasn't burning the Goblin, but she wouldn't let that distract her.

Summoning every ounce of her strength, Smaug focused on her inner fire. The heat from her body intensified as she unleashed her full dragon-fire, directed at the Goblin's gauntlet-clad hand. The intense heat caused the metal to bend and crack, and the Goblin screamed in agony, releasing Smaug from his grasp.

She tried to cushion her fall with her fiery wings, but the impact still left her disoriented. Darkness clouded her vision as her strength waned, and she struggled to stay conscious. The battle had taken its toll on her, but even in her weakened state, the fire within her refused to be extinguished.

As the world faded away, Smaug vowed to rise again, determined to overcome whatever forces sought to defeat her. Whether monster or not, she knew that her fiery spirit would endure, and she would continue to protect those she cared for, no matter the cost. The true nature of Ah's strength lay not just in her fearsome abilities but in her unwavering resolve to face any challenge that came her way.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

A gentle voice whispered Hark, and I raised my head to behold Spider-Man and the rest of my valiant team, their countenances fraught with concern. "What... what transpired?" I inquired, seeking to unravel the mystery that shrouded the moment.

"You, noble Smaug, saved us all," Iron Fist declared, drawing forth a frown from me. "I did?" I questioned, wincing as needles of pain pricked my head.

"Indeed, we believed our fate sealed after the carrier's perilous descent. Yet, you defeated the vile Goblin, rescuing us, our esteemed SHIELD brethren, and Harry," Spider-Man explained. I sighed, examining myself, finding no trace of wounds or scars.

"And what transpired within me?" I queried further.

"Verily, you transformed," Power Man responded, "tapping into the strength of the benevolent dragon Sindie to heal yourself."

I inwardly thanked Smaug for preserving my life, gratitude filling my heart. A voice spoke once more, and as I lifted my gaze, there stood Harry. "Harry," I breathed, reaching out, and he clasped my hand in his.

"I owe you a debt of gratitude, Dragonfire," he uttered, to which I shook my head. "You owe me naught. I ought to have slain that monstrous foe when the opportunity presented itself. Instead, I indulged in pity and hesitation. Rest assured, should such a circumstance arise again, your father shall not be endangered, and it shall be for the greater good," I pledged.

Though Harry nodded, I perceived the sorrow that clouded his eyes. Yet, with this vow, I granted him a measure of safety, which brought solace to my soul.