Venomous

Spider-Man

Life has bestowed its blessings upon me, to be honest. My days at school are sailing smoothly, free from the torment of bullying or any unwelcome attacks.

Moreover, my team is flourishing splendidly. Like a trusted companion, Smaug leads them in my absence—a true stalwart by my side. She possesses an exhilarating madness, though of humankind.

I hold deep affection for her and earnestly hope she remains a permanent fixture in my life.

Currently, I find solace in the company of Harry, my dearest friend. We had plans to spend the day together, but something unexpected appeared. Fatigue was etched all over his face as if sleep had eluded him entirely the previous night. It deeply concerns me, casting a shadow of worry upon my heart.

"Hey, Harry, how about we just take a rain check and hang out some other day? You need some sleep," I suggested as we strolled towards his towering skyscraper—a testament to his family's prosperity.

Harry shot me a discerning look, then stretched his arms and shrugged. "If you say so, Pete. Just don't become a stranger," he replied before disappearing through the entrance of his opulent abode.

I stood there, gazing at the closing door, my thoughts consumed by worry for my friend. Suddenly, a smooth voice interrupted my musings, causing me to yelp and whirl around. There stood Smaug, her fiery red hair expertly tied up in its customary man bun, accentuating the glimmering golden scales that adorned her form.

People at school had been curious about those scales, but Smaug effortlessly brushed off their inquiries, claiming they were simply elaborate tattoos—an ode to her love for reptiles. Surprisingly, everyone bought her explanation, even Harry and MJ, who were both exceptionally astute. Though, in a way, they did have a personal connection with Smaug.

Shaking my head, I muttered, "Of course," and returned to the door. I could hear Smaug's footsteps drawing closer, and soon her comforting warmth enveloped me as she stood beside me. "I'm worried too, Spidey, but sometimes he needs to figure things out on his own," she whispered, placing her hand gently on my shoulder, causing me to tilt my head slightly to meet her gaze. Her golden eyes seemed to radiate with understanding. "Now, come on, you've got homework to do."

We walked away from the Osborn building, leaving it behind in its silent grandeur. Yet, the weight of concern gnawed at my heart, sapping away any motivation for the rest of the day. I couldn't shake off the hope that Harry would discover the source of his troubles and find the restful sleep he desperately needed. With these thoughts swirling in my mind, I drifted into an uneasy sleep, hoping for a resolution.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

The resolution I hoped for remained elusive.

In the blink of an eye, a call from Nick Fury shattered the stillness, informing me of Venom's assault on Oscorp again. With a sigh, I suited up and swiftly swung towards the towering skyscraper.

And there, as Fury had warned, stood Venom—shrouded in darkness, muscles bulging, and his menacing tongue flicking in the air. Worst of all, Norman Osborn lay at his feet, defeated and helpless.

I clenched my jaw, determination flooding my veins, and propelled myself through the shattered window, disregarding the cascading glass. "Hello, Venom; good to see you," I quipped, sidestepping his initial strike.

I leaped, landing before Osborn, who struggled to regain his footing. He stumbled towards me, his voice trembling with urgency. "Don't hurt him!" he pleaded as my webbing coiled around Venom's angry countenance, eliciting a thunderous roar.