Home Sick Hulk

In the ancient corners of New York, an unexpected encounter lay in wait for Smaug, the magnificent dragon. Having taken to the skies with her ally, the valiant Spider-Man, on their customary patrol, they stumbled upon a peculiar disturbance. There, amidst the concrete and steel, a metallic alien menace had engaged the indomitable Hulk in a fierce confrontation.

With a resolute spirit, Smaug transformed into her formidable dragon form, her fiery breath turning the interloping intruder to mere ashes. Then, reverting to her human guise, she approached the mighty Hulk to converse without evoking his combative nature.

However, much to her dismay, the colossal creature appeared gravely ill and, without delay, succumbed to unconsciousness. As Spider-Man endeavored to lift his incapacitated comrade, he found the task arduous and bemoaned the Hulk's weightiness. Smaug, unimpressed, transformed once more, this time grasping the fallen hero by his scruff, taking to the skies with her burden, soaring towards Peter's sanctuary.

Once there, as she gently laid the hulking form in his resting place, Smaug cautioned Peter, "It is not safe for him here, Parker, and you are aware of this truth." But Spider-Man, with a sigh of reassurance, brushed off her concerns, promising, "Fear not, I shall be fine. Should the need arise, I shall summon you, I give you my word."

A golden-eyed gaze from Smaug lingered upon the steadfast hero before she finally nodded and took flight, retiring to a well-deserved slumber, her duty done for the night.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Amidst the instant buzzing that roused her from slumber, Smaug grumbled with annoyance before reverting to her human form, sitting on her knees to peer at the watch bearing Spider-Man's face.

"Spidey, what is it?" she rumbled, still groggy from her sleep. Spider-Man nervously chuckled, scratching his neck, "Well, you know, I promised everything would be fine, and while it mostly is—Aunt May is safe at home—but the Hulk is still agitated, and, um, I might have triggered an alarm that attracted those pesky alien creatures. Could you lend a hand and drive them away, perhaps?"

Smaug snorted, responding with determination, "Sure, I'll be there in a minute." With a swift flick of her wrist, she turned off the watch and transformed into her true form, soaring towards Peter's residence. Upon landing, she confronted the menacing alien horde, who roared in her direction. Unperturbed, Smaug growled fiercely, swiftly twirling around, and with a powerful lash of her tail, she sent the invaders hurtling in all directions.

The creatures crashed into houses, cars, and one unfortunate entity lost a limb entirely. As Spider-Man emerged from his dwelling, with the recovering Hulk trailing behind, Smaug shot him a stern glare. "They've been taken care of," she declared, just as a sharp pain shot through her tail, causing her to roar. She swung around, wrenching her tail free from the clutches of an alien adversary, who trembled and chittered in the presence of the formidable dragon.

As the smoke cleared, Smaug had vanquished the alien menace with her mighty breath, leaving only a trail of smoldering ruins in their wake. Turning to Spider-Man, she snorted, signaling it was time to deal with the remaining intruders. Together with the recovering Hulk, they confronted the remaining aliens and drove them away with a swift and decisive effort.

One alien managed to elude them, and they gave chase, following it to an abandoned warehouse hidden somewhere in the territory of New Jersey, though Smaug was uncertain of the exact location. Landing at the warehouse, she unleashed a fierce stream of fire that consumed the structure, leaving nothing behind but quicksilver sparks and smoldering coals.

However, their actions had drawn the attention of SHIELD, and the formidable Nick Fury arrived with his agents. "Hulk, raise your hands where we can see them. You are under arrest," demanded Nick Fury with authority. Smaug circled around, nearly bowling over several agents with the flick of her tail, and retorted, "You will not imprison him, Director Fury."

In response, she lowered her head to meet the gaze of the veteran spy and added, "He has done nothing wrong. He merely assisted us in vanquishing those aliens." Nick Fury raised an eyebrow, his skepticism apparent. "And who, then, is responsible for the destruction of this warehouse?" he inquired, surveying the charred remnants.

Smaug replied with unabashed honesty, "That would be me, Director Fury. But it was the most efficient way to eliminate the threat, and you know it." Fury sighed, recognizing the truth in her words, and relented, "Forget it. Just... forget it. You better go."

Smaug smirked, and with a powerful beat of her wings, she took flight, Spider-Man swinging alongside her. Yet another mission accomplished, their alliance had proven successful once more.