The Iron Octopus

Sitting here with Peter and Harry, we are engaged in a friendly board game, and it appears that Peter is prevailing. "I shall destroy you, mark my words, Peter," growled I, Smaug, the mighty dragon.

Now, you may wonder, "What is Smaug doing with Norman Osborn, also known as the Goblin?" Let's say such an encounter hasn't happened yet. I shall leave that to your imagination.

"Well done, Parker," I praised, patting my friend and teammate on the shoulder. He grins at me, and Harry inquires, "Why aren't you playing, Smaug?" I meet his eyes and simply shrug. "Human games never amuse me, Harry. Never will, never have."

My attention shifts to the board game where digital pieces of knights and a green dragon are moving. The dragon breathes fire upon the knight, securing victory in the game.

Suddenly, the window starts to crack, and I catch a familiar flash of red and yellow – Iron Man! With a jolt of recognition, I stand up, ready to fight. Tony attacks Norman immediately, throwing him over the sofa. "Seek cover!" I order Harry while meeting Peter's eyes. We both know we must deal with the Osborns long enough to change into hero outfits.

However, it seems like Iron Man does that for us. He swoops in and shoots a repulsor beam at Osborn, but he ducks, revealing a secret door. A chill runs down my spine; this situation is undoubtedly a bit early for the timeline I know.

I bare my teeth, and suddenly, a sharp light fills every corner of the room. There I stand, clad in my hero suit at last. Although I am not fully transformed into a dragon, my hero suit empowers me, and that is what matters. Flapping my mighty wings, I rise to shoot a flame ball at Iron Man, but he dodges swiftly and retaliates with a blue repulsor blast. It misses me, but the audacity of Iron Man to attack me fills me with anger. He's never done that before!

"You're going to pay, Iron Man," I snarl, charging at him, but Spider-Man intervenes, bundling me away. "Don't attack him! He's still human, you know!" Spider-Man snaps at me. I roll off him, landing on the floor, my wings spread wide. "Human, tch! I could've killed that robot in my sleep, and you know that, Spider-Man. Don't antagonize me," I retort.

A beam breaks the wall behind me as I speak, and Spider-Man lands beside me. "I'm serious, Smaug!" he barks at me. I fight the urge to slap him with my wing and instead shoot a fireball at Iron Man. This time, it hits him, and his armor starts to burn, eventually melting off. He falls hard on the floor, creating a dent.

I rush over to him, and Spider-Man is right at my heels. I lean forward, gripping Iron Man's mask, and lift it off, only to reveal an empty jacket inside. "Stupid..." I growl, flinging the helmet away. "He wasn't in it?" Harry asks, relieved. I shake my head, "It must've been an attack by some data hacker. Spider-Man and I will go to Stark Industries to find out. Stay here and stay safe," I order before taking flight through the cracked and destroyed window, with Spider-Man swinging after me.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

As Smaug and Spider-Man arrive at Stark Industries, they are almost immediately assaulted by a powerful beam of yellow light. Smaug lets out a yelp and instinctively blocks the attack, but the force throws him backward, slamming him against the wall. Spider-Man calls out for Smaug, concerned.

With rocks that had landed on top of him, Smaug furiously flings them aside, his rage fueling the emergence of burning scales all over his formidable form. Amid the red haze, a voice pierces, calling out to him. Spider-Man stands before Smaug, urging him to focus. Taking a deep breath, Smaug attempts to calm down, and gradually, the red haze recedes, allowing him to see again.

Beyond his friend's shoulder, Smaug spots Tony Stark flying around in his Iron Man suit, engaged in a relentless battle with an army of Iron Man suits that seem to appear and vanish. They're giving him quite a challenge.

"We've got to help him," Spider-Man declares, determination evident in his voice. Smaug sighs but nods in agreement. Together, they soar into action, with Smaug using his immense strength to fling a giant robot off its course, providing some much-needed assistance to Tony Stark. The battle rages on, and Smaug's fiery presence proves a formidable asset as he joins forces with Spider-Man to protect Stark Industries and aid their fellow hero, Iron Man.

Soon enough, the robots are gone, at least for the time being, and Iron Man lands beside the two young heroes, expressing his gratitude. His visor glides up, revealing his blue eyes behind the mask. "Thank you," he says sincerely.

"No problem, Mr. Stark," Smaug grumbles, holding her head high and folding her wings back. Spider-Man playfully swats her on the shoulder, saying, "Sorry about Smaug; she's a bit grumbly today. Anyway, what happened here, and why did you attack Norman Osborn?"

Tony furrows his brow, "So that's where that one went. Well, I didn't do anything. I was just working here, and the next thing I knew, I was attacked by my creations. We better find that mole who's been compromising it all. Come on, I pick up some signals from the east wing," he says, returning to the skies.

Smaug and Spider-Man follow Iron Man, ready to uncover the truth behind the attack and track down the one responsible for betraying Stark Industries. Together, the trio sets out on a mission to safeguard the present and future of their hero community, relying on each other's unique strengths to face whatever challenges lie ahead.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

In the heat of the moment, Smaug finds herself in a fierce battle against Doctor Octopus, or Iron Octopus, as he prefers to be called now. Her anger barely contained, she transforms into a full-grown dragon, her immense wingspan dwarfing any plane in sight. With her colossal power, she swiftly pins Doctor Octopus down, leaving him no chance to catch his breath. Ripping off his mechanical arms, she roars with rage, her golden-red eyes burning with fury. "You'll pay for all you've done, you monster!" she snarls, her teeth bared menacingly.

Just as she's about to deliver a final blow, Spider-Man intervenes, appearing before the dragoness in his Iron Spider-Man suit, his hands outstretched. "No, don't! This is not how heroes handle things," he implores, trying to get Smaug to look at him. Reluctantly, she turns her gaze to the young hero, her anger still evident in her fiery eyes.

"Get out of the way, Spider-Man. This man has caused you and us enough pain. He framed Iron Man, and he tried to kill the Osborns. I cannot let such deeds go unpunished," she insists firmly.

But Spider-Man shakes his head, gesturing toward the unconscious villain beneath her talons. "Do you see any non-human in him at all? He's still human," he points out. Smaug glances back at Doctor Octopus, taking in the sight of the human form beneath the villainous facade. She grumbles in frustration, torn between her desire for justice and her respect for Spider-Man's plea.

Drawing her head back, she arches her long neck and grunts, showing her internal struggle. "Very well, Spider-Man, this time. But remember, if he does this again, I won't show mercy," she warns, before taking to the skies, her heavy wingbeats filling the air.

With relief and gratitude, Spider-Man watches the dragoness soar into the distance, knowing he's managed to avert a tragedy. But he also understands that Smaug's sense of justice is a powerful force, and he'll have to remain vigilant to ensure she doesn't lose control in the future.